14. Alex Gets a Booty Call

"So...who can give us the answer to question 3?" Mr. Henderson's voice, as always, had a hint of malice in it.

Nobody raised their hands, either because they didn't know the answer or they were scared of Mr. Henderson. And I was just too sleepy.

So it took me a while to realize a hand had shot up from beside me, and it belonged to Alex.

"Yes, Mr. Richards?" Henderson, along with the rest of the class, was quite shocked.

"The acceleration will be 4 times greater, since the angular velocity has been doubled, and we all know that acceleration is equal to the product of displacement and the square of angular velocity." Alex recited, confidence laced in his deep voice.

Now the entire class was ogling at him, since they'd all known him as the runt of AP Physics. Of course, I knew it was all because of my tutoring, but being the selfless person I am, I stayed quiet.

Once Henderson had gotten over the shock and returned to the lecture, Adam, who was sitting in front of us, turned around and mouthed towards Alex, "Bro, I didn't know you were smart!"

"It's just one answer, no big deal," Alex said humbly, "I just studied really hard last night."

"You studied alone? On your own?" I asked, even though I'd suspected that the dipshit wouldn't give me credit.

"Yup," he answered, the smirk returning to his face.

"Are you sure you didn't take some brain activity enhancing drug or something?"

This time Adam chuckled and went "Good one" before gesturing for a high-five. I obliged as the smug grin on Alex turned into a frown. To be honest, I was really happy about being just friends with Adam. He's a great guy, seriously. But I just can't think of him as more than a friend.

Of course, when I told the girls about this, they'd been outraged. So much for friends being supportive and what not.

Anyway, as Henderson wrote down the homework on the board, people started their five-minutes-till-the-bell-rings chatter. That's when Larissa (I honestly don't know how the Queen Bee made it into the AP class) leaned over towards Alex's desk, her shiny dark hair (probably used shoe polish on it) swishing next to her face seductively.

"I've met hot guys before, but I've met very few who are as smart as you," she purred.

Alex replied with something that sounded like A-me-no-foo...it was hard to understand what he actually meant. Since he was incapable of talking, though, I decided to help him out.

"He even writes poetry," I supplied, remembering the little journal titled "Poetry" that Alex had rudely snatched away from me when I'd been at his place.

"No way," Larissa said, her eyes wide.

"Yup," I grinned, "He also plays the tuba." This was only half true, because he used to play it when he was younger, but it made him cringe all the same.

"It isn't really much of a talent," he mumbled, but Larissa just smiled wider.

"Oh please! You must have really strong cheek muscles...and your lips must be very soft and flexible."

It took a while for the deeper meaning behind that statement to hit Alex, and when it did, his face went beet red.
"Um...I....yeah...I mean no..." The poor guy scratched at the back of his neck, probably wishing he could sink into a hole in the ground. Adam had picked up his backpack and used it to hide his face while he shook with laughter. I, on the other hand, stared at the mole on Henderson's nose, using all my willpower to keep a straight, disconcerted face.