Theory Behind The Whiskers?

See, no one really knows the truth behind the whiskers... Is this how it happened?
So on the day they moved to London, when they got in the apartment, there was a cat in there. It quickly ran out the door and they both passed it of as a stray.
The next day there was a scratching at the door, so Phil opened it to find the cat. It was black all over but had the cutest blue eyes and long whiskers. Phil quickly picked it up to let it in, but it scratched his arm and ran into the kitchen, quivering by some boxes. Phil forgot about the scratch and grabbed some milk and put it in a bowl (cats like milk don't they?) and placed it in front of him, but the cat was wary. Phil took a step back. And another. And another. Then suddenly the cat ran forwards and started to drink the milk. Phil quickly yelled for Dan, who came running downstairs and saw the cat. "Phil! You know we're not allowed pets! And it could have all sorts of germs!" He panicked. But after at least an hour of discussing Dan decided to take it to the vets. "But that's all Ok." Warned Dan, Phil still sure he could persuade Dan next time.
The vet checked it over thoroughly, and nothing appeared to be wrong. "What's his name?" The vet asked.
"Um..." Started Dan.
"WHISKERS! I mean, his name is whiskers." Finished Phil confidently. Dan glared at him and as soon as they left the vets hissed in his ear; "You can't name it! You'll get attached to it!"
"But he's ours now isn't he?" Said Phil, snorting as this had been his plan after all. They were walking down the road when they saw a sign on a post saying:
MISSING CAT, IF FOUND CALL THIS NUMBER:
And the picture looked just like 'whiskers'.
"I think, we need to return him." Said Dan.
"But..." Started Phil
"Phil he's not ours! And we're not even supposed to have pets anyway!"
The cat curled up in Phil's arms looked up innocently, blue eyes shining.
"I guess..." Said Phil giving in. "But maybe we could get a dog-"
"NO Phil!!"
"Goldfi-"
"NO!"
The conversation carried on until they got home, where they called the cats owner who came the next day, and thanked them, and the owners daughter's reaction to seeing the cat safe again was better than any reward.
"Wait!" Phil said before they left. "What's his name?"
"Whiskers!" The girl replied. And the they left.

The End!
Sorry this wasn't very long, I'm tired and can't really be bothered to try... Anyway!
ENJOY