Smile - Danisnotonfire

And that's why I smile

It's been a while

Since everyday and everything

Has felt this right

And now

You turn it all around

And suddenly

You're all I need

The reason why I smile

Trigger warning: mentions self-harm

2nd person

You looked at the old photos in your childhood bedroom. You focused on your smile. It was barely there. You remembered how you had to force a smile to hide what you felt deep down.

You never liked yourself. Neither did anyone else. It only took one little razor blade to change your life. Keeping it from you friends and family was the worst part.

"Hey Y/N?" your boyfriend, Dan, asks. He's sitting on your old bed. "Are you ok?"

Dan. Your lifesaver. You would have taken your life if you haven't had met him.

"I can't believe my parents are actually selling this place. At least I can take whatever I want from here."

"Like your collection of stuffed animals," he laughed.

You sighed. You remembered everything he had done for you in this very room. "I never thanked you."

"Thanked me for what?" he asked as you sat beside him.

"You saved my life." He already knew about your past. When you first started going out, he saw all the scars. You told him everything. He promised he would help you. And he did. "You helped me through everything. I never thanked you for that."

"You still being here is the only thanks I need," he hugged you.

"You're just the reason I smile. I wake up knowing that you're gonna be there for me. Everything just feels so right when you're there. I don't need anything else in life knowing you're there. Thank you for being you."

"Don't worry. I'll always be here."

A/N Hey guys! Izzy here! This is MY first one-shot for this book (Also, I just added my own gif to the story instead of finding a random photo).

I'm not sure how different my writing style is from Mags' but I'll tell you how my style is. My titles will have the song title and who it's about. At the beginning it will have the lyrics that the one-shot is inspired by. I write my one-shots in random P.O.V.'s (P.O.V. = Point of View for people new to fan fiction) and persons (1st [I] 2nd [you] and 3rd [he/she/they/it] for new comers) I also put Y/N (it means Your Name) so you can imagine yourself there and yeah. So yeah. As I said in my first post, I will take requests.

Requests have to include:

Name! It can be your real name (I'm not a stalker I promise) or a fake name. HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE!

Song! Either you choose a song or I choose for you. And since I don't know what songs you like, I suggest you give me one! And if you have a specific part of a song you want me to use, then just tell me! I can kinda guess if it'll be happy or sad from there.

Who! You HAAAAAAVE TOOOOOOOOO tell me who it's gonna be about. And I will take same-gender requests because I support everything ^-^. Plus, it doesn't have to be romantic! It can be about friendship or even hatred, too. And it doesn't have to be about you. It can be about your otp like Phan or Rydellington. (Btw I don't watch Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Sherlock so I won't be able to do those for a while. I'll start watching as soon as I get my Netflix, I promise!)

But there are also some extra things you can add in!

Requests can but don't have to include:

Setting! Where do you want your story to take place? IT HAS TO BE POSSIBLE!

Looks! Do you want me to mention your hair color, length, and texture? Or maybe your height or eye color? Just tell me!

Personality! Who are you or who do you want to be? Smart? Lazy? Your wish is my command!

View! If you wan't it to be a specific P.O.V. or Person, then just tell me.

I decided I'll take smut requests since Mags is now ok with smut so yeah.