Chapter Two

I was out of breathe. Every step I took they only ended getting closer to me.

"Asbel Lhant, you shall be ours!" One of the Breakers would whisper loudly.

I tried hard not to burst from exhaustion from all this running. I could either die right now and they wouldn't go after the other members. This forest was never ending. I thought about how Sophie was safe and she wouldn't be able to come get me back no matter what.

Gruesome cuts were beginning to form all over my legs and arms. I didn't have enough clothes on to protect me from all this. I turned my shoulder and they were out of sight. I stopped running.

"Where the hell did they go?" I said gasped in between breaths. I felt dizzy. I had to stay strong to get back. I went to the nearest strong tree and collapsed. "Ha, I guess that promise is still kept this time." I smiled. I was out of breath and was dying of thirst. I looked at the sun's position. I was only running from them for two hours. God, I'm pathetic. I guess I can take a quick breather. I slouched against the tree and closed my eyes. The sound of bugs were comforting me, they were droning as they were trying to make a lullaby for me. It was a soft "Zzzz" at first. I lolled my head around before I heard it. "You thought you were amazing didn't you?" a dark voice laughed. My eyes snapped back open. It wasn't a Breaker. Clearly wasn't a Breaker. "You think your group actually trusts you? Silly, Silly Asbel. He knows, He knows what you can do and that's the reason they've kept you with them. You have it. The stone, you have it don't you?" It murmured

"Who are you?!" I barely could shout. My body ached and my throat was parched. Those cuts were beginning to slow me down. I couldn't go on. I haven't rested properly for nearly four days. I was always on guard, on my toes and alert. I couldn't even see who was talking to me.

"No need to worry Lhant, you shall find out soon enough." It cackled and then I'm sure it left after the few minutes of silence.

It was starting to get dark. I had no way to get in contact with the group. I had no shelter to immediately crash or supplies. Just a feeble dagger that couldn't even tear into paper.

It felt like I walked for miles. The Breakers were constantly on my mind. Maybe I was getting paranoid, I didn't want to die just yet. Not when I promised Sophie I wouldn't go. That person talking earlier; How did he know I had the stone with me. I swept through my body to find cuts and bruises but no stone. I panicked at first, only to remember that I left it in Sophie. I purposely fused it in her body back before the war started. Without it she was only the frail Sophie we all know. I collapsed while the last thing in vision was deers coming into views. "Help me" I whispered.