[52] Takin' One Down.

Okay I'm updating so quickly because I absolutely love you guys and I felt bad leaving you guys hanging at such a serious point xD Here youu go with the next chapter xD

JUST DON'T KILL ME AFTER READING THIS.

Song of the chapter is "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter.

Enjoy :) x

--

"Now that we're through with that," Zac said with gritted teeth a few moments later, "i'm out of here."

"Me too . . ." Ashley said weakly. "C'mon. Let's go," she said before grabbing Zac's hand.

After throwing one last glare in Dean's direction, Zac took off along with Ashley, out of the room, out of the house.

The duo heard the sound of hurried footsteps behind them as they walked in silence back towards the Bradfords' house.

"Wait up, you two!"

"Hold up!"

Zac and Ashley stopped walking and slowly turned around as they heard Gabriella and Sean's voices call out to them from behind. Once the duo reached them, the four friends walked back in silence towards Zac's house, none of them saying a word.

On entering the house through the backdoor which lead to the kitchen, they came face to face with Roxy, who was crooning along to old country songs which were playing on the radio while she cooked dinner.

"Hello kids," Roxy sang happily. "Did you want to drink some hot chocolate?"

"Sure, why not?" Zac said as he forced a smile upon his face. "We'd love to."

Roxy laughed. "I thought so, which is why I had it all ready for you four. There are your mugs," she said as she pointed to four tall, maroon mugs with shiny, metallic handles placed on the table.

"Thanks," Gabriella murmured as she picked up her mug.

"You're the best, Roxy," Sean grinned as he picked up his mug.

Zac silently handed Ashley a mug with an uncertain smile. "Here you go . . ."

"Thanks," she said shyly before following Sean and Gabriella towards the game room.

Sighing, Zac followed Ashley after picking up his own mug of hot chocolate.

***

"Did you guys really kiss?" Gabriella asked as she couldn't hold it in anymore. She wanted to know whether Zac and Ashley kissed and if they did, how were they going to go about things.

"We didn't kiss," Zac replied, glancing at Ashley before turning to look at Gabriella in the eye. "I just wanted Dean to believe that Ashley and I really were together, so I made it look like we kissed."

"Really?" Sean asked as he looked at Ashley.

"Really, Sean," Ashley smiled. "We didn't really kiss. He just kissed me on my cheek, that's it."

"Oh . . ."

"Hello kids," Roxy smiled as she walked into the room with a notepad in her hand.

"Sup Roxy?" Zac asked her brightly.

"You kids and your lingo these days. I'll never get the jist of it," Roxy grumbled looking clearly amused. "Anyway, I needed to ask you people for a favour."

"Yeah?"

"Will a couple of you run down to the grocery store and get some groceries? It's quite a long list and I'm not feeling too good."