Chapter 1

I've been a friend of the Chapman family for quite some time now. That's right, the Chapman family. Dog, Beth, Duane Lee, Baby Lyssa, Leland, etc. They're like a second family to me basically. How did I become such a close friend? Well my family was also in the bounty hunting business and we helped them out from time to time when they were in Colorado. And the reason why they're a second family to me, is because my parents had recently passed and Dog and Beth took me in. It was a typical morning in the Chapman household, most of the family was already awake and I was the last one to wake up in the house. 

"Morning hun." Beth greets me.

"Morning Beth."

"Sleep well?"

"After getting our fugitive last night, I slept great. For the most part."

"Well that's good. After breakfast, we got another jump to talk about and go catch for Bobby."

"Of course." I nod, before sitting at the table and a plate of food was set down in front of me. "If you want me to help with the dishes before Bobby gets here and we go over the jump, after breakfast, I can. I need to get dressed anyway, so why not?"

"That's sweet, thank you for offering."

"You're welcome."

So once everyone is done with their food, including myself, I collect the dishes and put them on the counter next to the sink to get washed. 

"Karina, would you like any help? Get things done quicker?" Leland approaches and asks.

"Sure, thanks Leland." I hesitantly reply.

So here's the thing...I've kind of had a bit of a crush on Leland ever since we first met. Makes it kind of hard to live in the same house and all. Only Lyssa knows about my feelings for him and she pushes me to tel him, but I can't get the courage to. So whenever he's around me, I have to keep my cool the best I can.

"So, the fugitive we got today from Bobby, do we know anything about them beforehand?"

"Yeah, she's been giving Bobby a lot of problems."

"Like always. Always have to be so difficult with the bondsman."

"No kidding. That's the job though."

Once the dishes were done and dried, they got put away. I head to my bedroom and find some clothes to change into, and just as I was done, Bobby shows up and we're all called into the office to go over the case. After getting all the info, we gather the gear and suit up out by the cars. After we were geared up, we split up between the cars. Dog, Duane Lee and Leland rode together, while us girls rode together.

"Going to take this fugitive down like you did with the girl yesterday?" Lyssa asks. 

"I can certainly try." I laugh.

"Noticed that Leland was impressed with your takedown. Why don't you tell him your feelings?"

"Lyssa, not in front of..."

"Oh, don't worry Karina...I know."

"You know?"

"It's been like that since the day you first met. I'm a girl, I know these things."

"Does anyone else know?"

"No, just us."

"Good. Cause if he found out or any of the boys found out...awkward. He'll find out eventually."

"How soon is eventually?"

"When I'm ready for him to know."

"It's been like a year."