An Unpredictable Meeting

So, as the daughter of Colonel Mustang and Lt. Colonel Mustang, I've been mostly protected for my whole life. It just so happened, though, that at a young age, my twin brother died. Being the impulsive, ignorant idiot that I was, I tried to bring him back to life. I succeeded. Eli lost his ability to transmute. I lost half my soul and my left hand at the wrist bone. But we're still together. And we're still alive. And now I have a whole new mission to attend to.

At the age of twelve, after having my automail hand for four years, I became the youngest State Alchemist in history. The Blood Alchemist. The name was due to the fact that I am the only known person who has ever brought someone back from the dead. And that I can use blood as a weapon.

One thing I never took much heed to was what Fuhrer King Bradley said after he claimed that I passed. He had mumbled something about there being two twelve year old's passing in one day.

Like I said, I didn't heed his words as anything but nonsense. Like how I never connected the fact that there was another alchemist my age and the fact that my father was his superior. Or that we went to the same Automail mechanic. Or anything like that. Prodigy, yes, intelligent, maybe, common sense? That's where I fall short on the totem pole. Gahhh! I just called myself short! What is wrong with me?!

Well, it just so happens that I'm searching for the Philosopher's stone. And so is another guy, apparently. My dad called him Edward Elric and told me to get him at the train station. We'd be working together from then on.

So, I'm waiting, bored out of my mind. And then along comes a guy, I'd say he was about my age, wearing all red and black with white gloves. He has beautiful golden hair pulled up in a braid and the same shade of gold for his gorgeous eyes. He goes rushing past me, a suit of armor chasing along behind him.

All that runs through my head is, you need to get his attention. You need to talk to this boy. Grab him! Grab him now!

Without thinking straightly, I grab his red jacket, tugging on it slightly. He turns.

"Hey, you," I say.

He looks at me, confused.

"Yeah, you," I continue. "How 'bout we talk for awhile?" I smirk devilishly. At this point, I'm not even thinking. If I had been, I would have realized I shouldn't be flirting while I'm on a mission. So much for class.

He looks at me, confused, the suit of armor standing behind him. Then his shock turns into a devilish grin, "Sure. Let's talk."

"So . . . What's your name, hot-shot?" I grin.

"Edward. And you?"

"Elísa," I grin. "So how old are you?"

"Fifteen, and from the looks of it, you are too," he smirks.

"Yep," I wink. "We should go out for a drink sometime. Just you and me," I smile. "Maybe get to know each other better."

"Sounds good," he grins, how 'bout Thursday? At the coffee shop at the corner near Central Command?"

"Sure, sounds good to me," I grin.

He chuckles, slightly blushing. That causes me to blush and then we're just standing there blushing with a suit of armor watching us.

"So, what made you come here?" I ask.

"Well, I'm here to report to Central. I'm the Fullmetal Alchemist," he puffs out his chest.

My eyes widen. I'm supposed to be meeting the Fullmetal Alchemist. I've been flirting with the Fullmetal Alchemist. I blush and find myself giggling like a little girl. I turn away, caught between embarrassment and a feeling of laughter trying to bubble up.