Created Feelings

I wake up in a hospital in a room with Edward. That's definitely weird. Women and men are usually separated in hospitals.

Ed and I look to each other and sit up, glaring.

"Looks like you can sit up now, huh?" Ross says. "We got the room especially for you two." She seems to read our minds.

"What happened with the fifth laboratory?" Ed asks. I can feel a bandage on my shoulder and looking down at my wrist, my port is practically wrapped in a cast as well. A bandage is on my cheek as well.

Ed has a bandage around his forehead and probably one around his side as well. Brosh and Ross stand like statues. Eli and Al are nowhere to be seen.

"Well, it, um," Brosh stumbles.

"Somebody blew up the building and there's nothing left of it now but rubble," Ross says.

"Damn it!" Ed and I yell. "You mean they wiped out everything?!" Ed and I grunt and grab for our wounds. "That didn't feel good." We're crying.

"This isn't fair," I say, sweat beading on my face. "Do you know how close we were to finding out the truth? This is no time for us to be lying around in a hospital!"

"Fullmetal and Blood Alchemists, Sirs!" Brosh and Ross yell. We look up. "We do apologize in advance for this!"

"Huh?" Ed and I ask.

Ross slaps Ed across the cheek and Brosh does the same to me.

We sit there dazed for a minute.

"You acted like selfish children! You only escaped with your lives because you were lucky!" Ross yells. "You don't have to do everything on your own, you know. You can lean on other people. Like us. Not all adults are the enemy. You can trust us."

"That's all!" Ross and Brosh yell. "Please forgive our abusive words and conduct, Sirs! It will not happen again!"

"No, you're right," Ed says softly. "We should be apologizing."

"Our punishment? For slapping you?" Ross asks.

"Huh? Nothing. We had it coming," I say.

They sigh. "What's got you two so scared of us?"

"The state certified Alchemists carry a rank equivalent to that of a Major," Ross says.

"Don't worry about it. We didn't get our certification so people would kiss up to us. You don't have to talk to us like we're high ranking officers," Ed says.

"Really? Oh," Ross says.

"Ah, I guess we were scared of the brats for nothing," Brosh says.

They adjust quickly, I think. "Watch it, though. We're not brats, we're not children, and we're not short!" I yell. "Now, where are Al and Eli? I haven't seen them."

"Alphonse and Eli got their own lectures earlier," Brosh says. "And I wish I hadn't slapped Al."

Ed and I laugh before gripping our wounds.

"Mh! I almost forgot. I have an even less pleasant lecture in store for me today," Ed says.

*****

Ed's calling Winry. I sit on the bench beside Ed.

"Hey, um, It's Ed," Ed says. Pause. "Yeah, uh, here's the deal. I hate to ask you, but do you think you could make a service call out to Central for me?" Pause. "Yeah. My right arm's messed up again. I can move the fingers, but that's about it. I can't lift the arm at all." Pause. "Huh?" Pause. "Elisa and I were in a really rough fight." Ed holds the phone out away from his face, waiting for the screaming. Nothing happens. "So, are you there? Hello? Winry?" Pause. "You're in a good mood today. I thought you were going to- never mind. Forget it."