Murderer

"Jack, I-I don't know what we're going to do!" Mark called. I crouched down. And let out a shaky breath.

"I don't either."

"Guys! Where'd you go?!" Wade yells from outside.

"Bob, do you have the gun?" I ask quietly.

The larger man thinks for a moment then shakes his head. I look to Mark. "Let me check." He whispers. He reached beind him and pulls out the small revolver and I give a small smile.

"We've got him, don't worry."

"I'm not the murderer guys! I didn't do it!" Wade calls again.

"Tell that to the corps of Yami!" Mark yells hysterically. Bob and I both shush him but it was to late. Wade charges in and Mark aims right for his head. "Goodbye Wade." He says and pulls the trigger. Wades body crumpled to the ground. Dead. Mark grabs the dropped pistol and I check the corps.

"I-it wasn't him." I say with a worried tone. "W-we killed him and it wasn't him." The other two look at each other solemnly before the weight of the situation sinks in. There were three of us. One of us was the traitor. Mark had the gun. He decided which one of us would live.

"Mark? Buddy, let's talk this out for a minute." Bob says slowly.

Mark shakes his head. "Mark, you can trust me." I say. "When have I ever proved otherwise?"

"Mark you have to believe me! Give me the gun and I'll show you!" That was the wrong thing to say and he knew it as soon as it left his lips. Mark took one last breath before aiming the pistol at Bobs head.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

Bang

His body dropped, Cold and lifeless.

The gun slid to where I was standing and I stepped on it. Marks chin began to wobble and he looked at me with fearful eyes. "All this time... It was you?"

"I'm sorry Mark." I say as I reach behind me and grab the small knife from the waistband of my pants. "I wish it didn't have to end this way."

"I t-trusted you!" He cries.

"I know, this is just how it has to be."

"But why?! You don't have to do this! We can start over! Put it all behind us!"

I shook my head. "I'm afraid not."

"But Jack, I love you!" He pleads and I see the tears in his eyes.

"I love you too." I whisper and throw the knife. He doesn't move. He knows there's no point. He just looks at me with sad and betrayed eyes before the blade connects with his skin and he drops

"Goodnight lover boy." I spit.

-

"Wow you guys really get into this game." Bob says.

"Seriously, I feel kind of uncomfortable." Wade adds.

"Shit up Wade!" I say through Skype.

"I can believe it was Jack the whole time." Yami laughs. They all laugh except one.

"Mark?" I ask. The feed from Skype shows him with his muscular arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face.

"Awe! Is widdle ol' Markimoo gonna pout?" Bob asks sand we all laugh, even Mark.

"I can believe you betrayed me like that! I trusted you!" He screams.

"Calm down Mark! It's Just a game!" Yami laughs.

Yeah I think, just a game.

And though I laugh and joke with them, the only thing going trough my head was a few simple words.

"But Jack, I love you!"

"I love you too."