Chapter 3

My eyes start to flutter open as I try to remember what happened.

"Everyone stay back." I hear Coach Jesse say.

"Almenez are you okay?" He asks.

"Sorry Talia, I didn't mean to run into you. Are you alright" I can see someone with brown eyes saying to me.
Whoa he knows my name? I would've never thought Kristian knew my name.

"Geez Tally are you okay?" I hear the familiar voice of my bestfriend.

I feel my head start throbbing. "Yeah i'm fine. What happened?" I mumble while holding my head. No one answered me.

"Here let me help you." Kristian says extending his hand out to help me.
I look up to his hand hesitating to take it. I take a moment before accepting his offer. As soon as my hand slides in his, I feel shivers shoot through my arms. He pulls me up slowly as I snap back into reality. "My head hurts." I say feeling all the pain and throbbing of my head at once.

"Rainer, help take Almenez to the nurse so she can get checked out and ice for her head." Coach Jesse tells Kristian.

"Yes sir." Kris responds rubbing his neck.
I can't bring myself to look directly at him because I'm so embarrassed. Why couldn't I have gotten through this class without getting injured.

Sanna tells me she'll check on me once class is over. I nod and give her a small smile.

Kristian holds my elbow and starts guiding me slowly to the nurses office. I can't shake the shivers I feel with his hand holding my arm.
What is going in with you Talia? That impact must've really messed up my mind.

"Are you alright?" Kristian asks me to fill the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I respond holding my throbbing head.

A few minutes later we make our way into the nurses office.
She examines me and hands me a bag of ice for the bump on my head.

"You'll be fine Ms. Almenez. Just ice your head and take tylenol to help with the pain. But for now just rest up here" The nurse tells me.

"Thank you." I tell her before she walks out of the room.

I look at Kristian who is sitting on the opposite side of my chair looking at me. How is he okay? Did our collision do nothing to injure him? I was feeling awkward so I decide to break the silence.

"Umm what exactly happened? "

He sits up straight and scratches his head. "Uh well i stole the ball from Kory and i just darted down the field. I was feeling pretty confident about winning so i looked back and told him to get ready to buy me taco bell."

Ahah! I knew I hear Taco bell.

He continues his story. "I didn't realize that I was about to run into you so by the time I looked forward we crashed into each other. Then you blacked out for a few minutes" He finishes explaining to me.

"Which I meant to ask, why didn't you move out of the way?" Kristian stated.

What did he just say to me?
Did he seriously ask me why I didn't move out of his way?

My eyes become wide with annoyance as I look at him.
"Excuse me?! You ran into me." I can't believe he's trying to blame me right now.

"Yeah but you should've seen me running down the field, yet you stood there and just let me run into you." He stands up and shrugs his shoulders.

At this point I am beyond annoyed. I don't even care if my head is still hurting.
" First of all YOU, should've been paying attention to where you were running." I say standing up pushing my pointer finger to his chest. Of course he didn't budge though. "Second how the hell am I supposed to know that a 5'8 soccer player running like 50 miles per hour was going to crash right into me." I glare at him.