Prologue

Fire. The forest was bathed in the beautiful flames of our kind as we blasted it down upon our enemies. The werewolves. They had killed many of our kind, though there were none alive to know what started this never ending war in the first place.

Sire! I hear from our link.

What is it, David?

The werewolves are retreating back to their lands. We've won.

I crane my long neck to get a better look, narrowing my amber eyes to see through the fire and smoke. To my delight i do see the surviving werewolves running back into the brighter forests, leaving the dark forest as ours once again. Hopefully they had learned their lesson on trespassing. Arching my neck i let out a loud roar towards the retreating forms before turning back towards home.

Put out the fires and bury the dead. I'll see you at home, David.

I hear him chuckle from his end of the link and can only imagine what he's going to say. As i fly past his blue form, i catch a twinkle of mischief in his violet eyes.

Yeah, if you haven't found your mate on the way home and ditch us on game night!

I am 24 and have yet to find my mate. The Queen of my kingdom. Typically males find their mates at puberty. But the same cant be said for me. My mate seems to be avoiding me, or does not exist. My heart broke at the thought. Perhaps she was no longer of this world?

Shaking my head free of those thoughts, I roll my eyes at my friend as i flap my great wings, speeding towards home. My ruby red scales shined in the sunlight, bouncing the shine over leaves as i flew over.

Once at the castle i shifted back as servants, lesser dragons, rushed to fetch me clothes. Once dressed inbsome jeans and a plain white tank top I walked through the large wooden door, etched with ancient dragon markings. The castle was beautiful. The stone walls on the outside hid the radiant beauty of the interior. I was very proud, and protective of my home.

As i walked towards my office on the 6th floor, my assistant ran towards me, his three fingered goblin hands grasping papers and a folder. "Mi'lord! Mi'lord!" he squawked rather annoyingly. "What is it Imeck?" I growled impatiently, stopping in my tracks so he could catch up. Imeck wasbofnthe goblin clan and was only about 3 feet tall with stubby legs. He was green skinned with two round, cat-like eyes that were way too big for his head and a straight pointed beak just below his eyes. He made a very good footstool. Imeck gulped as his hands shook, holding out a paper towards me. I snatched it out of his slimy hand and looked it over.

The Blood Moon Pack was reported to have killed 20 dragons in the last two weeks. I rumbled in fury as i scanned my eyes over the names of each victim. The Blood Moon Pack has been known for their assassinations of weredragons. Other packs would call them if a weredragon was in their territory and pay them to dispose of them.

Rage boiled in my veins. My people are in danger as long as this pack thrives. I needed to do something about it. It wont be easy, but if i do nothing my people will take it upon themselves and more harm will come than good.

"Mi....Mi'lord...?" i hear Imeck's frightened tone. I know what he sees. My eyes, once amber, are now glowing red. I take deep breaths to calm down before turning to the goblin. "Gather my generals within the hour. I want them at the Roundtable no sooner than 2am sharp." i order. Imeck bows and runs off to do as ordered.

Once my generals are assembled, we will discuss the best way to end them. We are going to wipeout the Blood Moon Pack.