Chapter 1: Beginnings

Right now, your probably wondering  'When is this book gonna start?' Well **News Flash** It's already started.

  My name is Kylan Isabell Peirce. I am 16, I have 3 friends. Their names are: Torra, James, and my twin brother, Kyle. My parents are: Mabel Minkos and my step-dad Mike Minkos. I have been told that Kyle, Torra, James and I are demigods. What are demigods you may ask. I had no idea until Torra told me it was 'Half Mortal, Half God.'

  "Kylan! Stop zoning out into your own little world! We need to hurry!" I heard Torra yell at me as I came back to reality. We are currently running through the woods of Long Island Sound.
" I'm sooooo sorry! I'm coming! I'm coming! I got side tracked." I stated. I sped towards them. 'BUOFSH' I crashed to the ground. I looked at Torra. "Keeping going! I'll catch up!" I yelled at her, as I slowly stood up. I looked for what I had tripped over, a tree stump sat there. Wincing, I started walking to where Torra, Kyle, and James ran off once they knew I was alright. I heard growling, as I started limping to where they ran. Once I passed another tree, I was tackled to the ground. Right above me was a gigantic dog. I screamed for help, as it bared it's teeth at me. Quickly, after I screamed everything went black.
~Kyle's pov~
I heard a scream, I gasped, as I quickly remembered Kylan being left.
"Torra! James! Keeping going! Go find help. I'm going back for Kylan." I told them as I ran back for my twin sister. When I got back, I realized a guy. He was maybe the same age as Kylan and I, if not older. I watched him closely, he slashed his sword at a gigantic dog. I yelled as I seen Kylan laying there. "KYLAN! WAKE UP! GET UP! PLEASE!" The dog disinergrated into ashes as the boy stabbed him. "KYLAN PLEASE! WAKE UP! PLEASE!" I ran over to her and shook her, as I started to cry. The mysterious guy walked over to us, as I lifted her up. He stared at me. "WHAT!?" I snapped at him.
"Whoaaa! Calm down! Let me take her to my 'Home'. You can come too if you want. I'm Hunter by the way." The mysterious guy named Hunter said putting emphasis on the word 'Home'. I nodded at him, in agreement, and carefully rested a passed out Kylan in his arms. He led me to a sign that read 'WELCOME TO CAMP HALF-BLOOD'. As soon as we walked under the sign, I gasped and seen Torra, James, and a bunch of other kids running towards us.
  "Kylannnn!!!!!" Torra and James screamed in unison. They were the first to run to us.
  "Kylan, please wake up! Please!!" Torra said, starting to cry. As if on que, Kylan woke up. She gasped for air. "Kylan? Kylannnnnn... Kylan!!" Torra yelled as she continued to gasp for air. I glare at Hunter and he, carefully, set her down.
"Kylan... Kylan... Kylan, just breathe okay? Breathe." I told her, trying my best to calm her down. She didn't calm down at all. Realization, finally, hit me like a 18 wheeler. She was having an asthma attack. I, quickly, grabbed her inhaler out of my pocket. I handed it to her and she, gladly, used. Soon, Torra, James and Kylan calmed down.
   "Where are we? Why are we here? And why in the hell was he holding me??" She quietly asked me. I looked at her.

           ~Unknown's Pov~
  'Beautiful..' That was the first thing that came to my mind, when I seen the girl named Kylan. I tiltd my hat and looked down at the ground to hide my blush. There is no way that she would ever have a crush on a daughter of Hades.
   "Hey, Cassidy, what are you doing?" My older brother, Max, asked curiously. I kept my head down.
   "Just watching them. Oh, do you have any idea where they're from? You know, just curious." I asked himx. He shrugged. "Just great. Well do you know who's their parents?' Again, he shrugged his shoulders. I, carefully, listened in on Kylan and the boy's conversation.
"Kylan, you know why we're here. I don't know where we are. He was holding you, because he was leading me to this weird camp and you were passed out, so he carried you." The boy said. Kylan's mouth shaped into an 'o'.
She slowly stood up, brushing dirt off of her red and black flannel shirt. That's when I looked more closely at her outfit. She was wearing a red and black flannel shirt. The buttons were unbuttoned, leaving her black tanktop showing. The sleeves were rolled up to her elbows. She wore shorts and black combat boots. She also wore a very thin amount of mascara. For accessories, she had a batman and softball necklace on. Her long, straight, brunette colored hair hung loosely. I watched as Hunter stared at her.
~Hunter's pov~
Damn, she is hot! I'm praying to Aphrodite that she is single. I stared at every detail about her. Then I noticed something black and covered by her flannel sleeves. 'Wait, what is that on her arm?'
"Hey Hunter. You feeling okay?" My best friend, Aaron, asked me. I glanced at him, before nodding my head.
"Yeah, I couldn't any better. Anyways, do you see that black thing on her arm?" I asked, making sure I wasn't imagining things. He nodded in an approval and grabbed Kylan's arm, tightly. He pulled her sleeve up, just enough to see what was on her arm. He gasped and grited his teeth. Aaron showed everybody, and they all gasped. They started to grab their weapons. Roman Marks, that's what was on her arm. The marks were a hammer and an anvil.
"Roman! Max! Go get Chiron! Tell him, CR (Code Roman)!" Aaron yelled. Kylan's eyes darted over to her friends. A boy, about maybe 2 years older then Kylan, stepped towards Aaron.
"Let her go." He said.