May 2011

Niall’s POV:

May 2011

”Wow Katie that sounds amazing,” I said down the phone. I was on the phone with my girlfriend Katie, whom I had known most of my life. We had been dating since I was 15 and she was 16. She was older than me by a year. “When are you leaving?” I asked her. She had just told me that she was finally going to travel the world for a few months. She had finally turned 18 and she had saved up money most of her life so she could travel and see the world when she got old enough. I would have loved to come with her but I was too busy working with my band One Direction. We were about to release our debut album Up All Night in a few months.

“I’m leaving in three days,” she told me in a lower voice.

“IN THREE DAYS?” I said surprised. “I thought you were coming to visit me next week?” She was meant to come and visit me in London for a week. We had planned everything. I had even booked her flight tickets.

“I know Niall but it was now or never. I’ll be home again before you know it,” she said. She sounded sad as if she felt guilty for leaving me and as if she didn’t really believe her own words.

“I know but it has already been five weeks since I saw you,” I complained down the phone. I heard a knock on my hotel door and Louis poked his head around the door frame. He motioned for me to hurry up and I showed him two fingers to signal that it would only take two minutes. He nodded and left my room again. Even though we lived in London we still stayed at hotels in London from time to time which seemed a bit odd to me, but at least I didn’t make a mess at my flat in the meanwhile. “I miss you.” I added.

“I miss you too,”

“I really have to go now. I’ll give you a ring tomorrow.” I told her and we both hung up. I got up from my hotel bed and walked down to the lobby where the others were waiting for me. We had to go out and have dinner with management.

“Everything alright?” Louis asked me and patted my shoulder. “Was that my little Katie on the phone?” Katie had met the guys a lot of times and she had already made her way into their hearts; especially Louis’. He loved to tease her because she always got so embarrassed and he loved to embarrass her more than anything.

“Yea she’s going to India in three days.” I said my voice sounding a bit down.

“What? I thought she was coming to see us perform on Friday?” Harry said and looked at me confused.

“Apparently it was now or never.” I said a bit more annoyed than sad. I couldn’t see why she couldn’t just wait another week before she had to go. Why did she have to go in such a rush?

“No matter what she’d be going anyway. Looked at the bright side once she has left there’s one less day till she comes home.” Zayn said and gave me a reassuring smile. “You’d be too busy to know that she’s not here anyway.” I smiled and dropped the subject. Nothing I said would make her stay and Zayn was right she was going to leave at some point anyway. I just had to count down the days till she got home. It was just hard because we used to be together every day before I left for the X-Factor and now we hardly ever saw each other. I was hoping she would come and live with me in London but I guess she had her own dreams too.

“Young love.” Louis said and a smacked his shoulder. He was always the one to make fun of things or to do pranks on people. You wouldn’t believe he was actually two years older than the rest of us. In fact he seemed to be two years younger and that says a lot.

**************************************************************

Please tell me what you think? and please vote!