Drip drip

A/N: Just a little heads up, when you see "(spouse's name)" in the story, just make up a name if you wish. :) This story is for both guys and girls.

----

Drip drip

----

You are driving home late one night, because your boss decided that it would be "beneficial" to the company to put in a few extra hours.. without pay. Grumbling to yourself about how you will apologize to your spouse, you pull into your driveway and turn off the car. But, the motion light in front of your garage doesn't turn on. "That's strange.." You mumble under your breath. "Maybe (spouse's name) forgot to turn it on." 

Slowly, you get out of the car and blindly make your way to the front door. You carefully make your way up the steps and stand in front of the door. There are no lights on inside either.. You thought (spouse's name) would stay up for you. You go to take out your keys, but you notice that the door is cracked open just a bit. Now you're on high alert. You quickly walk inside.

"(Spouse's name)?" You call, but receive no answer. You shut the door behind you and flip the light switch to the livingroom. (Spouse's name) wasn't asleep on the couch. Maybe they went to bed. You make your way towards you and your spouse's room. Then you hear a small noise emanating from somewhere. 

Drip drip

It sounded like one of the faucets were broken, so you decided to walk to the kitchen to check. When you walk up to the sink, you don't see any dripping water. Strange.. I could've sworn I heard water dripping.. You think to yourself. But, you check the faucet anyways just to be sure. Nothing.. It's perfectly fine.

Drip drip

You hear the dripping again. "Where the hell is it coming from??" You say aloud. You walk to follow the sound.

Drip drip

Drip drip

Down the hall again.

Drip drip

Passed you and (spouse's name)'s bedroom.

Drip drip

Drip drip

The bathroom. That's where the sound was coming from. The door was open just a bit, lighting a small portion of the hall up. Slowly, you walk over to the door and push it open. When you look inside, you scream in horror. Your eyes wide with fear. (Spouse's name) was dead. They were laying in the tub, one arm hanging over the edge, blood dripping in a large puddle on the floor. 

You couldn't move. You were in shock at the sight before you. Then you hear the floor creak behind you and the small sound of footsteps.

The last thing you hear was "Say hello to (spouse's name) for me.." before everything went black.