Temper

Alex woke up early in the morning seeing that it was still dark outside. He got up and headed to the bathroom. He saw bandages around his ribs and a few small band aids on a cut that was on his face. He took them off and then stepped in the shower turning it on and began showering. He stepped out feeling the cold floor not bother him at all. He checked the dresser in his room checking for clothes. He put on a black tank top with a black sweater and a jean vest over it, he also wore black jeans and a pair of black converses that were in the closet. Alex then went outside feeling the fresh breeze go through his straight black hair.

Alex walked out of the boys cabin ground and headed over to the battleground. He took of his jean vest and the sweater. He just stayed with his black tank top. He began doing push ups. He did push ups for 10 minutes straight and then jogged around the large battleground 10 times. He then did 10 minutes of sit ups and then ran around the battleground 10 times again. He then began doing some pull ups on a tree branch.

~~~~~

Emily walked towards the battleground to train before the tournament. She saw Alex doing pull ups on a branch.

"What are you doing Alex?" Emily asked sternly.

Alex was startled and fell off of the branch landing straight on his back. He grabbed his ribs in agony. Emily ran to his side with a look of concern.

"I am so so sorry but you are supposed to be in your cabin resting after such a gruesome battle you had with Rex." Emily said looking concerned and guilty.

"I am fine Emily. I was just exercising, until you scared the living shit out of." Alex laughed while he began to sit up.

Emily began to cry. She slumped down to her knees and covered her face with her hands having dark purple nail polish. Alex stopped laughing and moved closer to her.

"Emily did I say something wrong, what is wrong?" Alex asked with a worried look.

Emily looked up with her grayish blue eyes glistening from the moonlight and her tears. She looked into Alex's dark purple eyes.

"Yesterday you defended me and almost got yourself killed. I was so worried about you the whole time I saw you out there fighting Rex. Don't you ever do that again." Emily said hugging Alex tightly.

Alex was shocked as he looked down seeing Emily's face on his chest. He hugged her back and smiled.

"I won't do it again, I am sorry but I won't let anyone talk about you in that manner." Alex said quietly.

"I understand but promise me you won't do it again." Emily asked innocently as she looked up.

"I promise." Alex said kissing Emily's forehead.

In the distance John stood listening and watching everything that was happening between Alex and Emily. He walked away heading to his cabin with a defeated look on his face.

~~~~~ Hours later~~~~~

"Alex have you seen John because I am going to start my battle now and I haven't seen him since yesterday." Emily frowned.

"No I haven't seen him but I will go check his cabin okay." Alex smiled comfortingly.

"Thank you Alex but hurry back because I am starting like now." Emily said running to the battleground while the announcer began speaking through the mic.

Alex went to John's cabin seeing that it was empty. The drawers and closet were wide open and emptied out as well. Everything was left neatly expect for a piece of paper that sat on the bed. Alex walked towards it and picked it up. He saw that it was a letter to Emily.