Chapter 1: The Sin that Broke the Heavens

A man like a demon sat in the long black chair.

There was no sound. The cats in the room kept quiet as their tails tried to analize the approaching doom.

Then the man screamed..

All hell broke loose, and as one of the cats later recorded, the devil himself was there to witness the cries of the man. And he was happy.

It was fun for the cat to even consider that, but the large grin on the devils face could never indicate otherwise.

A bolt of steel cracked open the man's skull with a cringing sound. It was not pleasant. But then again: nothing here ever was.

There was no blood coming out of that skull. But another bolt of steel was definitely going in. The pain, the rage... The suffering, they were all there in those horrid cries. A simpleton in the room cast a spell of Inner Sight, which started to display what the man like a demon was thinking about in those moments.

What could any human being be thinking about while those metals were cracking their skulls? What could they possibly be thinking about when pins were thrust into their eyes, and they began bleeding from every inch of their head?

The procedure was always dull. And it was always stupid. The cats could never really grasp why this part of the process ever came in place. But the devil himself was there to witness it this time. So something good must come up on that weird old display made of smoke dark as the heart of desperation.

Yes, the cat wanted to be impressed by something. Its tail betrayed it during those moments. It realized that being there could turn from great pain to great pleasure. There was always the curiosity of that girl. That one girl sent from Heaven, up on those great sunny hills. She gave it milk. It was happy during those old times. And she never demanded anything. She was a curios sort though... Perhaps a bit too curios.

Suddenly the stream of thoughts ended in the cat's head. The little girl. The little girl was there, in the smoke, standing bare-footed on a cold rock. She was wearing a white dress and the hands of the man like a demon were touching her from below and curling up the girls thighs. If it wasn't certain until now, it was no longer the case: the devil WAS happy. This DID make him grin and this was NOT a waste of time for the cat.

As a two-handed sword was thrust into the chest of the man, he didn't think about the pain. He felt the pulse and the warmth of that fragile body and the wet fluids from the hand that was now very up the girl's dress. The smoked image showed him with mad obsessive eyes, as he was moving his hand underneath the dress and the pleasure he felt as the wet sensation turned from a newly found nuisance to something that he wanted to feel forever and drown his head in.

The little girl took no pleasure in this. Nor did she stop him. She was too preoccupied with studying his eyes. Those demon eyes.

A lot of things happened after that. The smoke screen showed the man falling deeper into lust, and the girl just crawled underneath the man in every way she could just to keep her gaze into the eyes of the man like a demon.

Then the smoke screen vanished, as the man finally died from all the crazy metal bits and pieces that cut through his body.

A roaring laughter crushed the ceiling of the place, and the cat had to run for cover. When it was finally safe, the devil was gone. The other cats were gone, the simpleton was gone. But the raped girl was now right there in the room, crushed under some of the rocks.

"They never told me this was hell" the cat whispered to itself. And then it just walked away from that room hoping never to see it again.

***********

A man with the eyes of a demon held a little girl in his arms. Neither one of them were dead.

The simpleton felt a rush of yellow color striking through his heart as he recounted the events of the previous day again in his head. He was happy that he finally managed to create a smoke screen.

He always thought yellow was the color of happiness. It was the only thing he could associate happiness with. Usually, there was not much happy time around these dark corridors.

The man turned the girl's head.

Her eyes had turned yellow. Her skin had become scorched and the purity of Heaven was lost on her now.

She was now the girl with the eyes of a demon.

And Heaven lost that day.

Power was all up for the grabbing, and while the simpleton was happy with his foolish magic, the cat was anxious to turn this to its favor.

***************