Addiction 2.

I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes began to water; my body was covered in red marks and scratches from where my mum had hit me. I could faintly remember running into my room once I'd gotten out of the bath and locking the door, building a barrier against it and not coming out even once her guest had arrived. It was 1 in the morning and I was sure he was gone. I'm only fourteen... I'm still a pure, little girl. I knew why she wanted me to her a favour but why me? I'm still a child.

I sat down on the floor, resting my head on my knees whilst my damp hair stuck to my skin, I heard a few light knocks on my room door.

'Nyla? Baby come out now he's gone and I know you're awake.' I stayed silent and I heard her sigh.

'Please? I just need you to at least show your face, for me baby?' Mum said and I slowly stood up in my night dress and moved everything away from the door. I unlocked it and there she stood, her hair up in a messy high bun, her face drained with colour and life and her lips thinner. She smiled at me and I followed her downstairs, the strong scent of smoke hit my nose again and I started coughing. She opened the living room door and I froze in the spot. His eyes met mine and he smirked, my mum flung herself down on the sofa as out of it as she was she still spoke.

'Jaylen-'

'It's Jayden.' He said and I knew who he was straight away, I felt sick to my stomach knowing that it was Jonah's brother. I didn't want anyone to find out, and now he knew. I always knew he was involved with dodgy shit but this? Drugs? He looked me up and down slowly licking his lips and I swallowed hard.

'Nylaaaa, I'm tired baby go upstairs.' My mum said, slurring her words and I quickly left the room. I walked upstairs and into my room, I thought I could hear footsteps behind me and as I turned around Jayden shut the door. I looked around my room nervously and he walked closer to me.

'I didn't know you lived this kinda life Ny, kept this shit secret didn't you?' He said and chuckled, I kept my face straight and he walked closer to me until his aftershave was choking me.

'I don't want to do this.' I said, I didn't even know what to do.

'I gave your mum what she asked for and she said your my payment, so I want my payment.'

'But Jayden, I'm fourteen... I don't want to, please.' I said, my eyes started watering. He nodded slowly and sighed.

'Ite fine, I understand. Don't worry we'll keep this as our secret yeah?' He said and winked at me, I swallowed hard and he started walking towards my room door.

'Aye, make sure your mum gets the payment to me somehow, alright babes?' He said and smirked before leaving, I locked my door and slid down against it. I started breathing faster and I rested my head against the door; he could blackmail me. What if he told people I'd slept with him when I hadn't? What if he assumed I slept with people for money? And worst of all what if he told about my mum?

*

I woke up in time for school in the morning and had a shower, I could hear the radio playing Rihanna - Man Down downstairs and I closed my eyes as the warm water trickled down my skin. I stayed in the shower for a while and eventually got out, I dried off and got changed into my uniform. I sat infront of my mirror, combing my hair and I tied it into a loose low ponytail. I picked up my bag and went downstairs, looking at my mum as she laid knocked out on the sofa. I saw the pile of letters on the floor by the door and I picked them up, opening her letters I saw the amount of bills that needed to be paid. I looked through them and chewed on my lip, I put them down at the side and left the house. I closed the door behind me and looked across the road as per usual to see Tremaine standing there talking to Lacey and she waved at me, I waved back and my eyes met Tremaine's he smiled and winked, I smiled back and started walking down the road.