Time for school!

It was the day before I went back to school, I was already panicking about what people are going to think or even say.
I was so scared.
Today I was getting fitted for my prosthetic legs, I was nervous, but happy at the same time.
It was now 11:35, 25 minutes until my appointment.
I was shaking.
Grandad came round to help mum lift me in and out the car in to the wheelchair.
I always find it so awkward, I don't know why.
I have always wondered what it was like to be in a wheelchair 24/7 getting pushed around.
I now know I definitely wouldn't want to be in a wheelchair permanently.
It's even worse that I haven't got any legs because I can't do anything by myself.
I turned up to the hospital 10 minutes early.
Mum likes to be early because she thinks she is organised, but I hate being early because I'm just sitting there for ages.
Grandad and mum lifted me into the wheelchair.
Then grandad wheeled me in, while mum got a ticket for parking.
We hadn't got a blue badge yet, because Kent County Council are so unorganised.
We got to the ward on time, mum caught us up and signed me in.
We waited for one of the doctors to come and call us in but they were running behind, typical hospitals.
I was getting so anxious because people were giving me dirty looks.
Mum noticed and stood up and shouted "yes my daughter is in a wheelchair, and has no legs, but it doesn't make her any different. So stop giving her looks. If you have a problem with her, come and talk to me because I'm sure to send you flying in the opposite direction!"
Everybody turned away guiltily.
I was proud of mum, she has never stood up for me like that, we'll I guess she's never really had the chance, until now.
The nurses and receptionist smiled at mum and me.
They looked like they were proud of mum for sticking up for me and me for not taking any notice.