Chapter 1 (pic of Jess)

This is my first story, a werewolf romance. The guys come in chapter two   :)      A pic of Jess is to the right. Comment, Vote, Fan <3 Love Lisista

I could feel it coming. My dark brown hair was plastered to my face with sweat, the muscles in my legs were twitching and I hadn’t been able to sleep the past few nights. You would think that by now I was used to it, but the answer was simple. I just wasn’t. The pain was excruciating and I was all alone. There was nobody I could confide in, not even my father. We were really close, I never met my mom. She left right after I was born. Dad doesn’t like to talk about her much. I must look like her though, my dad has sandy blond hair and mine is a dark brown. His eyes are almost black and mine are a silvery blue. You couldn’t tell we were related just by looking at us though. At times I thought to bring up that I thought he wasn’t my real father, that I was adopted, but I never could bring myself to do it.

My thoughts were interrupted. A pain shot up my back. I needed to get out of the house. Soon it would be too much and I would start making noise, my dad would wake up and I would be driven to the hospital. They couldn’t help. Nobody could, I was a freak, something that didn’t belong in this world. Panting, I dragged myself out of my bed, pressing my hands on the mattress as I got up to help it not squeak as loud. I went across the room and turned the doorknob, moaning in pain. The stone walls guided me across the house into the kitchen and out the back door. Grass welcomed my feet and I flexed my toes. Why did this have to happen to me, of all people? Most girls had guy drama but I had...whatever this was! My eyebrows furrowed in frustration, what was happening to me? A pain shot through my head and I bit my tongue trying not to yell.

I shuffled myself forward towards the woods, trying to get as far away from my dad’s house as our property line would let me. The path came easy to me now and I could see it under the cover of moonlight from where I was at, almost a quarter of a mile away. I needed to move faster if I wanted to make it into the forest. Deer came running out of the cover of their brush. They could smell me. I didn’t blame them for running, I looked terrible! If it wasn’t the whole hunter/prey thing it was how I looked. My hair was probably all messed up considering I still was rockin’ the bed head look and my left over make up from yesterday was most likely running down my face. Lovely...Somewhere in the woods I heard a wolf howl.

When I felt the bones shifting in my back I broke out in a run to hurry and get to the trees. My head was throbbing and I pressed my fingers to my temples. Slamming my eyes shut I tried to focus my senses on the things around me. The animals had fled and I was a safe distance from the house. Tonight would not be the night my dad woke up to me screaming from the woods. I fell to the ground. On my hands and knees I was dry heaving and I screamed. My bones were shifting. The muscle in my back was being parted. My feet were twisting at an inhuman angle, sprouting claws at the end. The hair on my head was retracting and hair on my arms, legs and back was sprouting. My face was being drawn out and my tail bone was getting longer.

In the midst of my pain I glanced at my arm. It looked like it was bubbling and my skin looked darker, but hey, it could have just been the lighting. I let out another scream. The transformation hurt like hell! Sometimes I just wished it could be over with. My whole body broke into spasms. I was wriggling around on the ground like I was having a seizure or something and there was nothing I could do about it. Moaning, I tried to lift myself off the ground only to be wracked with more convulsions. I was slammed into the ground of sticks and dirt. The sky was a little brighter. Not by much though, only the slightest of shades.

This time I was closer. I may not know what was happening, but it had not hurt as bad as last time. Last time was a little worse. Was I getting over it or reaching something completely new? This had been going on for about a month. I was about to explode, i needed the answers. But most importantly, i needed my mom.