8:46 am

shawn

i sit at my office desk filling out papers as jack comes in.

"yo, shawn. take a break, grab a coffee with me!" he yells from across the room, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"dude, i can't. i have all this paperwork to do and..," and for some reason, i turn my chair to face the window at just the right moment.

"j-jack," i begin to say, pointing out the window.

"bro, wha-oh my fucking god. everyone get down," he screams as the plane comes racing into the building a few floors below ours.

my heart's beating as i lay sprawled out on the ground before realizing what happened, just moments ago.

i stand up, racing towards my phone, tripping over my feet a few times in the process. picking up my phone, i flip the top up. i soon look behind me, seeing jack unconscious on the ground.

"no, no, no, no, no." i type in the house phone's number and put the phone in between my ear and shoulder.

"shawn?" taylor questions through the phone. "tay," i cry.

"i just saw on the news. oh my god, are you okay? please be okay."

"i'm fine, just, i'm really scared taylor," taking a breath i start choking and coughing. "please, just help me," i plead.

"hey, hey, hey, it's going to be okay. i'm gonna put eth on the phone, okay?" "okay," i breathe.

"hi, daddy. i miss you!" my son says enthusiastically.

"i miss you too, bud. i just want you to know that daddy loves you very much," i say as i start tearing up. this is how i'm saying good-bye to my son. over the phone.

"i love you too, daddy."

"hey, bub, can you please hand the phone to other daddy?" i ask him, hoping to have enough time to say good-bye to taylor.

"okay. bye, daddy. i love you!" right as he says that, i let out a sob.

"i love you too, eth. i love you so, so, so much." wiping my tears, i hear taylor back on the phone.

"t-tay, it hurts to breathe."

"i love you, baby boy - so much."

and he hangs up.

Xx

word count: 372

- lex xx