Is this Butler really Worth his Salt?

Sometime in the early 1890s...

"Sebastian!" the loud, bored voice of a boy rang out in the hallway. Sebastian peered around the corner from picking up a spilled vase, whatever the cause of such a crime was, he did not know. With a sigh, he set down the elegantly decorated clay and walked to the source of the voice, in an ornate study room.

"What is the matter, young master?" the butler bowed slightly as he approached the chair facing away from him, the high back hiding the body sitting in it.

"I'm hungry," the master said simply, a childish hint to his slowly maturing voice, "I want something sweet."

Sebastian suppressed another sigh, "As always, young master. But dinner is nearing so I can't allow you a snack at this time." He spoke respectively, rusty-red eyes sweeping over the room, from the chair to the desk, up to the large window that viewed a vast green garden with multiple plants and paths.

The chair swiveled around sharply, causing the butler to return his sight to his master, "Make me food, Sebastian. That is an order." The snap in the boys' British accent caused Sebastian to smirk in amusement.

"No, young master." The boy glared at him with his one left cerulean eye, the other covered by a black velvet patch. The young master stood from his seat, short in height, and gave Sebastian a hard look from behind his shaggy grey-blue bangs.

"What was that?" he snapped again.

"Oh?" Sebastian replied teasingly, "Is the Earl Ciel Phantomhive, the Queen's Watchdog, begging for some dessert?" He cooed in a smooth tone.

Ciel blushed lightly, "No! At least make me some tea! The one you brought in earlier is cold." He sat back down, his expression a permanent glare. Sebastian approached to observe the afternoon snack he had indeed brought earlier.

He clicked his tongue, "My, my, young master. You did not take a sip."

"Heat it up, then!"

Sebastian shook his head, bravely leaning over to pick his master up like a bride. "You have such a thin body, young master. Should you eat you might be taller." Ciel rolled his eye, refusing to object about his height.

"Put me down, Sebastian!" he crossed his arms over his chest almost protectively, "That is an order!"

"I'm afraid that can't be done either. You look rather endearing at the moment."

"Sebastian!" Ciel blushed, an unusual thing for him to do. "Let me go, you perverted devil!"

"Let me kiss you once, young master, and I shall go prepare dinner." Sebastian smiled his false kind smile.

"Of course not!" The younger boy insisted, "You bastard better let me go, or else I shan't have you in bed for a month!" His attempt at threatening was weak, but he had nothing else to use against the demon.

"How terrible." Sebastian pouted, "Then I guess I will just have to kiss you anyway."

"Sebastian, I said-" Ciel could not finish his sentence for Sebastian had taken his lips in a light peck. He blushed, "Damn you. Making such a womanly fool out of me."

"Oh, dear Ciel, never underestimate the minds of a woman." Sebastian replied, shaking his head.

"Sure, whatever." He rolled his eyes again. "Just put me down."

"Of course, my lord." Sebastian did so, "May I add, that our contract does not mean that you can't force me to disobey orders if it has to do with your best interest? You probably know this, of course, but if it will ruin your dinner, then I simply cannot let you eat."

Ciel sighed, "I know that! I made you my butler for revenge, not to be my nanny!"

"A devil has his reasons, my lord."

"Shut up."

"Yes, my lord."

***

"It is time to wake up, my lord. It is far past a half hour after nine." Sebastian knocked softly on the door before entering the chambers. "My lord?"

The lump that should have been there, should have been the small body of the young master sleeping on the large bed, was not there. Earl Ciel Phantomhive, the Watchdog that worked under the Queen doing her dirty work, was missing.

"Oh, dear. This is a problem." Sebastian sighed.

***__***

Picture official art by Yana Toboso. If you have any questions please comment and I will do my best to answer them. Backstory is vague, more to be revealed soon. Takes place about any time in the Black Butler storyline.