Chapter 26: Brighter Night

---------- (Grayson's P.O.V )
I had stopped struggling immediately. They smirked and I gritted my teeth. I looked over at Drake. He had not spoken or done anything these moments. He was staring at the floorboards of the airship. I raised an eyebrow.

"Heh."
The mercenaries stopped rummaging through our things and looked over at where the voice came from. The two holding Drake backed up a bit.
"What the hell?" One of them asked.
"Heh. Hehehe....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" The ones restraining me and Mia had loosened their grip.
"Drake..?" I trailed off. He sat up into a kneeling position. His eyes were closed and he was holding his stomach.

"Hehehehehehehehehehehe! You all make me laugh! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
I saw Mia's eyes widen.
"What the hell is wrong with him?!" Another mercenary chimed in.
He got up swaying here and there a bit, bringing out his sword.
Cold white eyes.

"Drake?!" I exclaimed.
He waved a finger in the air.
"Tsk,...tsk...I thought you weaklings would have learned by now!" He exclaimed. He held his hand out towards one the mercenaries and they went flying off the airship, leading to their death.
"White eyes...Y-YOU DEMON!" One of them accused.
"That's right! A demon! Man, and I thought you guys were retarded! Guess not! You might even be smarter than those two!" He exclaimed as he pointed to me and Mia. My hand twitched.
'Drake...Drake...I know you're in there!' I thought. He staggered over to a mercenary slowly. The mercenary fell to the floor after collapsing in fear. He was trembling and holding his hand out for defense.

"See? This is what I'd like to get them to do! Oh well, you'll do for now!" He declared creepily. Drake, or Herobrine, held the diamond sword up to his chest, and slowly started to jab at it. The mercenary was stuttering and looked unknowing of what to do in his final moments. Suddenly, Drake thrust the sword fully into the victims chest, killing him instantly. The mercenary's eyes, wide open and bloodshot. He used telekinesis to push the corpse off. He then turned over to my direction. The two behind me got up. One ran, and one drew their sword.

Drake smirked and thrusted the sword into his chest, and used telekinesis to push him off aswell. He turned from me and over to Mia. I immediately got up despite my wounds from the Empire, and pulled Andruin out. He cocked his head to the side.
"Ehh?"
''I don't want to hurt you Drake...'' I trailed off.
"But technically, Drake isn't even here. Don't you want to hurt me? I'm sure you do. I've killed one of your friends, and I'm about to kill another one."
"What do you mean...you're going to kill another one...?" I inquired worryingly.
"Oh but you don't get it do you? The possession is nagging at him...soon, he'll fare no better than that other nuisance! Dead!" He exclaimed, as he resumed his continuous laughter.
My heart nearly stopped. I glanced over at Mia and caught a glimpse of tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"Aw, what's wrong? You're actually sad? That's low..." He trailed off. I gripped my sword tighter. All of a sudden he lunged at me. I panicked and was about to back up but didn't want to risk Mia's safety. That was one of the last things I'd like to do right now. I raised my sword and we were in a bladelock. Our swords clanged against each other loudly, it's ring was truly an ear-splitting sound. He was very strong, but that was predictable. We were at it for what seemed like ages, until both of us were nearly worn out. The defining sound of our swords was undeniable, and it was something I never wanted to come to. It was amazing at how I was able to keep up with this kind of strength.

You saw Mia closing her eyes tightly and covering her ears, tears dangerously hanging over her eyelids. I grimaced when I saw Luke and Armen standing there and watching us.
'Drake...Drake, Drake please...Where are you? Come on, you just have to come back!'
He kicked me on my upper back, which sent me flying and rolling on the floorboards.

And boy did it hurt.

I stood up panting from exhaustion and was surprised to see that he had stopped his movements. My knees buckled under me, due to all the wounds and kicks I had gotten. Mia was quickly at my side helping me up. I gave a thankful look. I saw him open his eyes, and relief washed over me when I saw his magenta eye.

Worry then came, when he looked around and down at his sword.
----------
After the whole commotion ended, and everything was explained, we left the Empire camp, and flew away with the airship. Mia and Armen helped patch up Drake and my wounds, as Luke steered the transportation. Afterwards, as reluctant as I was to do such a thing, I helped Luke navigate the way to where the maps lead. Soon, the maps changed, which brought up everyone's attention and delight. Thankfully, Drake wasn't feeling a bad presence towards such a thing, but I felt as if he knew more than he was letting on.

I payed no mind to that as my focus was on the Dragon Egg more.
'Just a little longer. A little longer before you can see the world.'

( Luke's P.O.V ) -- It's been forever since I did his viewpoint man... ---

"I'm bored........" Armen complained for about the ten hundred thousandth time in the 3 hours we took flight. He was walking in circles on the airship in his human form, and had now face planted. He stood back up and began walking around again. I sighed exhaustedly. Drake needed his rest, so we demanded he get some sleep. He argued at first, but soon gave in. I told him that if something happened, we would wake him up.

As for Mia, Drake lent her a book about monsters, and she was reading it downstairs while keeping an eye on him. Grayson was helping me find our way, and I could tell that he really didn't exactly want to be helping me in particular do it.
-----

"Ugh! Hurry up man! I am going to die of boredom!!!" Armen groaned again. I was growing tired of hearing his complaints.
"Armen, calm down. Get some sleep. It'll help pass the time." Mia suggested.
"I'm not tired."
"Then read."
"Don't feel like it."
"Eat?"
"Not hungry?" (He technically can eat, as long as he's in his human form.)
She sighed.
Grayson chuckled a bit.
"Go count the stars then."
"I'll be asleep before I even get to ten."
"It's better that way."
"Hey?!"
"Can you practice magic with Drake?" She considered.
Drake had what was called a circle talisman surrounding him, and spheres of purple sparks in front, left, right, and back of him. He was sitting crisscross, and closing his eyes. He perked up.
"Huh?" He asked in wonder.
"That's boring too." Armen disagreed.
"Hey?!"
Mia giggled.

It had now turned nighttime, the stars were shinning brightly. It reminded me of the night when we escaped the Empire. Not too long ago. Mia was sitting on one of seats on the deck, and continued with reading. By this time, Drake woke up and didn't feel tired any longer, so decided to practice magic. Armen was walking around in circles this whole time, and was now slumped over a seat, which was the one next to Mia. It was cold, icy breezes would pass by here and there.

I lifted up my scarf even more. My nose and ears were turning red from the cold. It was getting extremely close to winter. I changed back into my regular attire. We gave Drake the mercenary coat, since he was the only one with short sleeves. There was Armen too, but he didn't look bothered by the weather one bit. Mia had a furry colored pink hood that was long sleeved and reached down to her ankles, that she had for warmth. (Also, I decided to make the bold letters small author notes. And Herobrine's dialogue, but SCREW IT!!!)
Grayson had a jacket, and didn't really seem cold. My scarf and clothes were okay for me.

"We should almost be there, right?" Drake inquired. I nodded.
"I would think so." I replied.
"We're getting really close actually!" Grayson exclaimed happily.
"Really?! How close?!" Armen jumped up.
"About 3 more miles or so."
"Ugh, come on!" Armen grumbled, slumping back in his seat even further.
I smiled, but it was concealed by my scarf. I looked over at Drake. He was looking down, a worrisome look written on his face.