Chapter 1 - Death of my Life

Chapter 1

Why am I alive?

  Everyone ignores me me. I always end up looking like the bad guy in fights. I don't have a mom, she commited suicide when I was 3. Dad disappeared the day before her death. With the shelter and food given to me by distant relatives, I live alone. 17 years of misery, fights, death, and grief. I lay here called by the town a child of death. I am not happy nor am I sad, I feel nothing, and see everything, other's happiness, pain, and love. I cannot sympathize for my sympathy will most likely be rejected...

"Then would you accept a new path, not in life, but in death?" A girl in a monotone voice.

  I looked around that’s when she appeared, Goth clothes,  Black hair, Red eyes, Pale skin, and a pair of beautiful black wings. Amazing, but what could she mean a new path in death and if I remember correctly I don't think I was thinking out loud. Although this would be the point of me doubting something like this, thinking it's all a joke, I'm seeing... Not entirely believing but I'm seeing it.

"Would you give your life to stand beside me, forever?" She asks.

"S-sure." I stutter. Still in shock from what I'm seeing.

"Then kiss me." She says normally without caring that we just met.

  I get out of bed, and walk closer to her. She's a bit smaller than me and looks my age. She closes her eyes while looking at me. My chest starts to hurt and doesn't stop, beating. As I get closer my heart beats faster, and then we kiss. Her lips are cold. We stop and stand there looking at each other.

"Thank you, and sorry." She said with more emotion.

  The pain stops, but then followed by a new more surprising pain, in the center of my chest was a sword. Just like her lips everything turned cold, I fell on my back, adding to the pain.

"This is just the beginning, It'll be more fun later, y'know without the pain." She said excitedly.

  How could she be happy at a time like this. Everything was fading to black and all I could say was "Why?" That night I died.