Chapter 2 - The World Beyond my Death

Chapter 2

Waking up to darkness and silence with a complete stranger isn't a first time thing, but the darkness wasn't just that. It's pitch black. No light anywhere, yet she stood out like a mark on a blank page.

"It's about time you woke up, and it's not nice to call me a stranger since we'll be together for quite a long time." The girl says.

"What is this?" I panic due to unreal situation.

She has a dumbfounded look on her face, as if my question wasn't specific enough even though there is nothing, anywhere. Making the broad question the most specific question at the moment. 

"Oh yeah I guess I left out quite a bit, before the contract was made. I'm Evelyn Erysichthon, but you can call me Eve, and this is our void, every angel gets one. So, who were you?" She says.

"Were? Anyway, my name is  Naze Za-" I say before being interrupted. "Your name was Naze." She corrects.

"You had that name in your life, but this is your death.Your name is Valdis Delun" She says.

"What if I don't want to be Valdis? What type of name is that?" I ask.

"I think its Latvian. Don't think I named you, just like in life in death your name is given to you. Don't ask me where from because I don't even know" She replies.

"Well then what was your name?" I ask, trying to find something to talk about without prying. Since we just met.

"Dude, we're partners now you can ask me anything. It was Neko but keep the life names a secret between us." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"Well then, since you're the new guy, should I show you around, and teach you what us death  angels do?" She asks.

This girl... she's excited again. So, she's the type to get happy easily, its pretty funny considering the fact that we're death angels.

"Please do, and don't worry i'm pretty sure nothing else can surprise me, after... y'know dying and everything." I say, kind of nervously.

She laughs while we walk out of the room, and what I saw was so amazing, it's hard to believe that something so gigantic and beautiful can exist. 

A/N:

Evelyn Erysichthon (Eve) is pronounced E-ve-lyn E-ry-sich-thon

Valdis Delun is pronounced Val-dis Del-un