Chapter 7 - Lesson 1

Chapter 7

"Yo, your eyes..." I mention.

"So we'll be starting with spells. Which we'll have to move underground for this. Who knows what you're capable of." Connor says.

 I follow him as he walks towards the hole in the wall outlines by wires and a glass case, a loud  sound echos from his left pocket. A snap. A blue glowing surface appears.

"You won't be using a lift for the rest of today after this... or however long this takes" He says, a bit gloomy at the end.

He steps on, and I follow. It goes down fast enough for my hair to fly directly up, but smooth as if we were floating. When we get to the bottom we step off and he starts placing talismans around the room, the room filled with books. Everywhere, even the floor.

"Okay. Now a spell." He says, probably expecting me to do something.

Since I am bored, I might as well do something. So I do some sort of movement that I saw on TV.

"What was that? I honestly cringed seeing that. It may just be the cheesiest thing I've seen since I died." Connor proclaims.

"What happened when you died?" I ask, since it must be pretty bad. Even I felt horrible doing that.

"Lesson 1. Think, think about what you're doing and what the outcome will be. What did you think would happen, honestly?" He lectures ignoring my question.

"I don't know." I say.

"Do this." He says, before snapping his fingers, causing his fingers to ignite. "Think that you have a lighter or something and move some sort of body part as an activator."

I think as if i had a disposable lighter in hand and snapped my fingers.

"It worked." I say, kind of excited because, well, its magic.

"Yeah it worked but your.. um, all of you is on fire." He says, trying not to laugh.

"What?" I say, not really believing him at the time. I look around but there aren't any mirrors in this O-shaped room, so I look at my arms and yup I am on fire.

"Well it seems that fire doesn't have much of an effect on you. Blow out the fire while I get you some new clothes." He says before disappearing through the floor.

I just wave around the lighter and the flame, as well as myself goes out. Connor reemerges from the ground. With his left arm over his eyes and the clothes in his right hand.

"It smells like fire in here" He says.

"No duh." I say, getting dressed in the black and white checked shirt, black pants, and white sneakers. Yup he knows me, a bit too much in this little amount of time.

"Shutup." He says, quickly.

Then I black out.