Chapter 5: Fallen Angel (Kendall Schmidt)

It was Kendall. He was sitting sophisicatedly on the sofa drinking tea. Dustin was sitting opposite, drinking tea as well. Both of them were looking at me, awaiting my reaction. 

"Hey Cassandra, what's up? Have a seat, make yourself at home. So the 'bailing' worked?" 

That was the last sentence i heard him say. 

I woke up and found myself in a pretty purple room, decorated with butterflies and streamers. There was a gorgeous looking desk, with a pencil holder at the side. I was lying on this comfortable Queen sized bed, with silk-trimmed bedsheet and a comforter. The white shutters were down but the room didn't seem dark to me. I stood up and walked towards the window. I rolled up the shutters and opened the sliding window. The smell of roses, cranberries, peaches and fresh ripe apples hit me. It was the best scent in the world. As i looked out, i saw tall, beautifully-groomed hedges that covered at least the whole of the land of my house. There were people wearing straw hats holding green tubes watering the flowers and hedges. It was so heavenly. 

"How are you feeling? Want to go out to the garden for a walk? You seem interested."

I turned around and saw Kendall, standing at the door in summer fashion. He was wearing a bright tank top and white bermudas. He stuck out his hand to me. I eargerly ran over from the window and took his hand. It felt so warm and loving. No one had ever asked to hold my hand so willingly. The most important thing was i felt safe when i held his hand. 

We walked down a long elegant flight of stairs that i never knew existed. Then he let go of my hand. "So, i'm going alone?" 

"Wait here, i'm going to the kitchen to fetch something." 

And so i stood there retardedly, fearing anything would happen if i moved. I waited for a while before he returned. 

"Okay, let's get going." 

I spotted that he was holding a rattan picnic basket in his left hand. Are we going for a picnic? I questioned myself. Seem so. Kendall opened the door and held it open for me. I smiled and walked out. The sudden blast of sunlight almost blinded me. I closed my eyes and when i opened them, Kendall was holding an umbrella over me. 

"Too bright for you?" 

"It was just the moment. Erm..." 

I think he could tell that i was at a lost for words, so he just stuck out his hand again and we strudded through what i thought was a maze and came to a beautiful grassland. There were trees with all types of fruits you could imagine, with coloured birds singing in the trees and in the middle was a humongous pool. Kendall left me mesmerised about the scenery while he went over to a shaded clearing and laid the picnic mat. He took out different types of food from the picnic basket, sandwich, fruits, sodas and my favourite soup, chicken mushroom. But the curious thing was, how did he know i loved chicken mushroom? I never told anyone except my mom. 

I ran over to where Kendall was and plopped down onto the picnic mat. He took out a plate and handed it to me. I took the plate from him and began scooping up soup, taking sandwiches and eating fruits. I was starving like crazy. I haven't eaten the whole day. 

"Are you really that hungry? You haven't eaten in the car?" 

I shook my head vigourously. 

"Oh look at you, stay still. Don't move." 

He moved closer towards me and stuck out his finger. His finger then whipped off the cream on my mouth and he took a napkin and cleaned the cream off his fingers. I blushed. 

"Are you blushing? Your cheeks are turning red!" Kendall exclaimed in between chuckles of laughter. 

"Kendall, can i ask you a question?" 

"Sure my dear, so what's up?" 

"Why am i here? How did you know me, how did you find me?" 

There was a pause. Kendall looked at me with shock. Had i said something wrong? 

"Wait, you didn't know? No one told you?" 

"No one did, i asked everyone but nobody even bother to utter a word." 

"Didn't Dustin say anything?" 

"Not at all." 

I could really tell he was shell-shocked. He didn't know how to react. Guess he himself didn't know that I didn't know why i was here. I was embarrassed. I actually cornered Kendall till he did not know how to reply me. 

"You see, i noticed you on twitter. You tweet me everyday. I always wanted to reply you, but thought i could give you a bigger surprise. So i asked my assistant to check where you studied at. Then i asked Dustin to pick you up, but he called and said you got into trouble at school when your phone rang and i felt so ashamed because i tweeted you, causing it to ring. So i called your school and settled this with Mr Futila." 

"So this was all a surprise after all? I'm not coming here ever again?" 

"I don't know. But guess if you want you can?" 

All of a sudden i felt insecure. What did he mean by he didn't know? His usual smile was gone, he looked depressed and upset. 

I stood up and went over to his side. I sat down on the grass beside him. 

"What's wrong? Is anything the problem?" 

"There is a huge problem." 

"What is it? Is it because of me?" 

"Yes it is." 

Silence again. 

"I'm so sorry kendall." 

"It's not entirely your fault." 

"Huh?" 

"I think... I think... I fell for you."