Chapter 3

Abi POV

I sat in the car, listening to Taylor Swift and texting Caleb.

Caleb: My mom is filming mehhhhhhh

Abi (Me): 😜 When r u getting the plane?

Caleb: Lemme check...

Caleb: 6:45

I looked at the time on my phone. It's 6:32 pm.

Abi (Me): K

Caleb: I miss u

I smiled. Getting a text from a boy saying he misses you is one off the best feelings in the world.

Abi (Me): Miss u 2... Where r u headed?

Caleb: LA. Some YouTube stuff there.

Abi(Me): Home. In Indiana. I hate it there tbh

Caleb: Why?

Abi(Me): Nothing goes on. It's hard to do what I want to do. My dreams and I don't belong there.

Caleb: What are your dreams?

Abi(Me): Singer/Dancer/Actress/Writer/Filmmaker

Caleb: Why don't you and your dreams belong there?

Abi(Me): You and your questions

Caleb: 😊

Abi(Me): I don't feel at home. I feel better in NYC even though I've been there one time.

Caleb: Next time I go to New York, I'm taking u

Abi(Me): 😘

Why did I send him that emoji? Please, tell me why.

Caleb: I'm serious

Abi(Me): My mom is was too overprotective there's no way

Caleb sent me a picture of him making a pouty face.

Abi(Me): 😔 sorry

Caleb: It might not be this year, and it might not be next year but someday, I'm taking u to New York.

Abi(Me): I just need someone to tell me that.

Caleb: I'll tell u whenever u need it.

I smiled like an idiot. Then I realized that I like Caleb. Oh my gosh, I like Caleb. What the heck am I doing with my life?

Abi(Me): Thx

Caleb: Np... We're getting on the plane in a sec so I have to put my phone on airplane mode

Abi(Me): K bye

Caleb: Bye 😘

I smiled like an idiot, but I had a question

Why

Did he

Use that emoji?

Does

He

Like

Me

Too?

Caleb POV

"Who ya texting?" Mom asked. "Abi..." I told her suspiciously as I put my phone on airplane mode. "Okay, well, shoutout to Abi, but I don't think the viewers know who Abi is, can you tell them?"

What are you up to? I thought.

"Abi is a girl we met the meet and greet, and we also met up with her at the restaurant."

"And?"

"And... we're just friends...?"

"Oooohhh" Hayley said behind the camera in a rising tone.

"What? We're just friends..." I protested.

"Sure, Caleb," Hayley teased.

"Wait, why did you say you guys were just friends?" Mom asked as we walked on the plane.

"Isn't that what you wanted to hear?" I asked.

"They used 'the emoji'," said Annie.

"Wait... which emoji?" Mom asked. The fact that she was filming all of this didn't help with the awkwardness. "This one," I said, showing her the kissy face emoji we both used. It was flirty, but not desperate.

"Why did you use that emoji?" Mom asked. I could tell she was exited. Her little boy using the kissy face emoji with a girl was a big deal for her.

"I don't know..." I said in my trademark voice.

"Caleb, you and Abi are going to start dating soon, right?"Annie asked.

"Will you just stop?" I said. I put my white beats over my ears, and drowned out the sound of my mom and sisters teasing me about the girl that I hoped liked me like I liked her.

And then I thought

I would tell her

And that would be it.