Chapter four: Nimueh poison's Merlin

Hi guys here is chapter four hope you enjoy and please drop a comment love you guys

HERE IT IS

———————————————-

Merlin's POV

Merlin placed a red jacket onto the table in front of him before he put his hand up to his nose feeling slightly sick.

"Ugh! When was the last time these were cleaned?" asked Merlin.

"Last year. Before the feast of Beltane," said Arthur.

"Did it end in a food fight?"

"Don't all feasts," spoke Arthur as Merlin picked up the red jacket and helped Arthur on with it as he said, "I wouldn't know. The airs and graces of the court are a mystery to me."

"Not to night, they won't be."

Merlin smiled as Arthur was playing with the jacket saying," I'm gonna be at the banquet?"

"Not quite," spoke Arthur as he took of his jacket and continued, "You'll be there to make sure my cup doesn't run dry. If I have to sit through Bayard's boring speeches, I don't see why you should get out of it."

Arthur looked at the jacket one last time before shoving it into Merlin's hands," Be sure you polish the buttons."

As Merlin went over to the table to go polish the buttons Arthur spoke from behind the screen he had just gone behind. "Do you want to see what you'll be wearing tonight?"

"Won't this do?" asked Merlin.

Arthur came out from behind the screen, "No. Tonight, you'll be wearing the official ceremonial robes of the servants of Camelot," he continued with a grin heading back behind the screen

Merlin smiled thinking it sounded pretty cool until Arthur came back out from the screen and his face dropped in surprise.

"You can't be serious?" Merlin asked quickly.

Arthur just smiled and that meant he really did want Merlin to look like a complete idiot.

Harry's POV

Harry wanted to attend the Banquet and somehow Gaius had got him invited and now that he wore the right style clothing nothing would seem that odd. Gaius would just make out that Harry would be working for him for a little while just so he could get back on his feet.

Harry arrived with Gaius looking cheerful and couldn't help but smile and laugh a little as he spotted Merlin wearing the funniest hat he had seen in his life.

Harry watched as Lord Bayard signed the treaty but also seeing Merlin and a young looking lady talking to him Gaius had mentioned her by the name of Gwen being the maid to the kings ward Morgana.

Harry knew so much about Gwen as well as Morgana and what would happen in the years to come for the people in this very room.

Harry could not help but laugh as he saw Merlin eyeing one of the maids up as he took off that silly hat Harry did not blame him but then again he would never had wore it in the first place.

King Uther and Lord Bayard shook hands before everyone began to clap Harry noticed Gwen walk off from Merlin as King Uther took his seat and she decided to stand next to Gaius and Harry.

Harry did not know what to do so he just smiled and Gwen smiled back at him.

Bayard began to speak, "People of Camelot, for a great many years, we have been immortal enemies. The blood of our men stains the ground from the walls of the Camelot to the gates of Mercia....." Harry trailed off he no longer wished to listen. He day dreamed off but just about watched as Lord Bayard walked towards King Uther but stopped half way.