<< part six >>

"Holy shit," Jimin cursed herself, scrolling down the messages she had sent the past night. All of them to BamBam.

At this point of time, all she wished for was that BamBam wouldn't start avoiding, because in a way, that was exactly the sort of thing he might do, and she didn't want that.

She had spent more than a hour on her bed, just cursing herself and staring at her phone when the doorbell rang.

"It's open," she shouted, not wanting to open the door herself. She faintly heard it open and close from her room and the sound of footsteps becoming louder.
"You okay?"

Honestly, she was expecting Yerin, not BamBam. But BamBam always had a habit of visiting her whenever she least expected or something had happened the day before, so maybe she should have realized it was him when she heard the door. And besides, Yerin never rang the doorbell only once.

"You're here again?"

The moment the words came out of her mouth, she regretted it. The tone she used when saying it... It came out wrongly. It seemed like she didn't want him there.

"Should I just go, then?"

He was hurt. It was obvious.

"No. Just... Just stay,"
"It's like you don't want me here,"
"I do! I... I need you right now,"

He hesitated for a moment before stepping into the room and sitting down on the bed beside her.

There was a long moment of silence. A somewhat unbearable one, that had the both of them wanting to say something but not knowing exactly what.

"What will happen to us now?" BamBam started softly, his gaze landing on her.
"What us?" she replied. "There was never an 'us' that went past the stage of friendship, and if that's what you're saying, then it won't change anything whether I like you or not,"
"No?"

She shook her head.

"No,"
"So you like me, wait, scratch that, you love me, but it won't change anything?"
"I won't let it. I don't want it to-"

She fell silent at the sudden kiss that he had just planted on her lips.

"Get out,
"Jimin..."
"Get out," she repeated.

She's not going to let him play with her again. Not like this.

"W-why?"
"You know I love you! Why kiss me if it's not genuine?"

At some point, they ended up having a full on argument, shouting and yelling at each other. They didn't even think about the fact that it was nearly noon, that most people might hear them arguing and they would disturb them.

She didn't want him to kiss her when obviously, he had no feelings for her. That was wrong on so many levels, and also to remember the fact that they were best friends.

"This makes no fucking sense, BamBam! Why are we even fighting about this?"

He opened his mouth to reply but closed it again, his mind blank.

"If you're going to keep on kissing me every time you see me, then just stop. Stop meeting me because it fucking hurts every time you kiss me, because I know you don't love me back,"

Honestly speaking, that serious look in his eyes made her a little nervous. It wasn't like him to look so serious that she didn't know what to think of it.

"So you want me to stop meeting you?"
"Yes- I mean, no! No. But stop kissing me,"
"I'm afraid," he paused a second before continuing. "I cannot do that,"
"You're unbelievable," she shook her head. "How can you be so heartless? Do you really want to hurt me?"
"Hurting you was never my intention,"
"Then stop!"
"But like I said, that's out of the question,"