Follow The Arrows: Part 3

After a few minutes of following the arrows down a narrow sidewalk, we found ourselves in what looked like an old parking lot. Weeds sprang from cracks in the broken concrete. I pulled out the black light and quickly found another arrow. We followed the new trail slowly, and it led us to a small shack in the middle of the parking lot.

"I know what this is," said Dave. "It used to be a drive in movie theater. I think that's the concession stand over there."

As we approached the building, we saw that it was boarded up. There was some faded lettering on the wall that read, "Popcorn".

Dave shrugged, "So, what? The arrows lure people to buy popcorn?"

We walked around the building until we came to a door in the back. It was secured by and old combination padlock. My black light picked up something scrawled on the door is glowing paint. It was a series of numbers.

"1, 3, 5, 6".

Sam entered the numbers in the combination lock and pulled it open with a satisfying click. He pushed on the old door and it swung open with an ominous creak. Sam peeked inside.

"I can't see anything," he said.

I peeked inside the door, shining my black light. It was useless. I cursed myself for not bringing a real flashlight. Just as I was about to suggest we head back home and return another day, I heard a click and a dim light appeared in the old building. Dave had found the light switch.