CHAP 1 : Hallucinate

I fumble in the bright light draining my sight. It feels pricky in my eyes but the rays are so warm to my skin. I squint to see a figure in front of you from the seas of the blinding light.

It is a lady. A red-haired lady. And her hair colour is the actual, pure scarlet red instead of auburn red.

It seems flaring like a real flame. Like some kind of spirit.

Gulp.

I pull my guts together to speak up. "Who's there?"

Hearing my call, she turns her face to me which is still shadowed from the light rush. My shoulders jump a little, not expecting her to hear me.

And then I hear her say something.

"Stand up, Tiffan."

Stand up? I AM standing up right here! Do I look like floating or sitting on an invisible couch? Oh come on!

Then I try to answer her, by not using my mind-word.

"I...I don't understa-"

"It's your birthday".

I open my eyelids to see a face right in front of me. Strands of brunette hair flows through her shoulders and not flaring.
Oh nice, the pretty red-haired auntie is now gone.

Good morning mom and reality.

"Wake up, Tiff. You're a grown up boy and you still can't even wake up on your own?" She huffs and walks to my room door. "You surely don't want to be late in your grade transfer day".

"Oh, yeah," I respond groggily and rub my eyes. "Grade transfer".

"Oh," my mom pokes her head through the door. "Happy 17th birthday, Tiff".

"Thank you," I  croak out and smile sheepishly.

Wow I do sound like a zombie.

That's my mom. She might not be as warm as normal mothers should be, but I know that she concerns about me in her own special way, more than anything in this world. Come on, I'm her son, of course I know.

After taking a cold freezing morning shower with hard wishing for a hotspring pool session, I put on my loose jacket and long pants.
Then, I grab my headscarf and cover the top of my head with it watch the lower rest of my white hair loose free out of the cloth.

Whoa, white hair?

I'm no alien or an old man trapped in a boy's body, I'm just a mere albino, one of the special people out there who lacked genes to produce melamine, something that was supposed to dye my hair..black? Or brunette maybe, since my mom is brown-headed.

This headscarf? What is it for?

Well, I need to wear something that can cover my head from direct sunlight, because the lack of colour inside my body provides almost zero protection of potential cancer.

And the most cool part is my peculiar eyes. Ooooh.

They are abnormally crimson, and by mentioning crimson it means they are truly RED and SCARY to people. For this, I have no choice but to wear shade glasses to stop freaking people out.
Haha nope, I only wear them outdoors to protect my melamineless eyes. Ouch.

I seat myself at the dining table, still in zombie mode despite having a cold bath before, and gulped down a glass of fresh milk prepared by my mom. Then she puts the breakfast plate in front of me - a slice of buttered bread, round egg with a perfect sunny side up, a few slices of tomatoes and some fresh baked beans.