'High Class'

Okay so maybe I kind of lied when I said I've been drinking since I could remember. To be honest I don't drink a lot. And this was the first time I've actually chugged beers and held down tequila. Well actually I didn't really chug all those beers and those tequila shots. While the guys weren't looking I would spit some out and throw full beer cans behind my back claiming that I've finished then. These guys didn't even bother to check.

Figures

But I actually did down about two shots and a beer. Making me a little tipsy but not drunk.

Trust me I have some self control. Some.

"Wow! This is amazing!" I screamed from the top of a mountain.

So after I proved my worthiness, we drove up this mountain onto a hidden dirt pathway. We park the car away from the ledge of the cliff and walked up to the edge.

We stood there overlooking the city and all of its lights. Everything seemed to sparkle under the moonlight. The busy city was now at rest. It was amazing.

-
"And then she dumped her milkshake on his head" Kyle laughed to the point where tears were coming out of his eyes. "Yeah whatever man, I was trying to get out of the relationship for a long time so I finally took a stand and let her down easily and she dumped her shake on me." Ace said explaining his recent break up.

"Kit you should've seen his face" Kyle screamed rolling around on the floor. I shook my head and laughed.

Ace suddenly tackled Kyle.

"Guys be careful or you'll fall off the cliff!" I said. The three of us were sitting on the ledge, I didn't want one of them to fall so I could get spend my Friday nights in an interrogation room instead of the movies.

They went on shoving each other so I backed away from there and decided to join Xander who was laying on top of the car.

"Can I join you?"

"Yes you may my lady" Xander failed at a British accent.

I climbed on top and laid next to him. We laid there in a comfortable silence.

"I like to come up here some times by myself to think." Xander stated. "It's just reminds me that places like this still exist. Where you could just blur the harsh realities of the world" Xander said now taking his eyes off the starry night sky.

I looked over at him and smiled at him.

"Do you ever just want to run anyway and never look back?" He asked me.

"All the time. But at the same time almost never. I've never had anything in my life that I wanted to run away from" I said

"Yeah, lucky you." He scoffed. "What's that suppose to mean?" I asked slightly irritated.

He looked at me then back at the sky. He closed his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed."I'm sorry, some times I act before I think" he looked at me with sincerity. That's understandable, I've done that many times before.

"Just be lucky that I don't hold grudges" I smile.

"So, Xander how come you never talk about your family?"

He visibly stiffened. "That's not a subject I'd like to talk about right now."

"Oh, okay that fine." I feel the tension between us building. It's so thick I feel like I could cut right through it.

"Kit, I'm sorry about that it's just something that isn't you know? Dinner table appropriate"

"Hey I get it, it's cool" I state