Ash and Misty: The Competition

"To protect the world from devastation!" 

"To unite all peoples within our nation!" 

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!" 

"To extend our reach to the stars above!" 

"Jessie!" 

"James!' 

"Oh, good!" Ash exclaimed, "I've been waiting for this!' 

Jessie's eyebrow twitched down in annoyance, "You're interrupting our motto, twerp!" 

James crossed his arms, "And since when are you happy to see us, anyway!?" 

Misty took a long piece of paper out of her bag and unfolded it cheerfully. 

"What's dat she's got?" Meowth asked, pointing a clawed paw at Misty. 

"It might be a warrant for our arrest! Maybe they're working for Officer Jenny!" James yelled, sounding extremely paranoid. 

"As if they could catch us!" Jessie scoffed. 

Misty and Ash put their heads close together, looking at the piece of paper and whispering to each other, not paying any attention at all to the accusations being hurled at them. 

"What are you DOING!?" Team Rocket roared together. 

Finally, Misty and Ash looked up. 

Misty said, "Oh. Well, since your little routine has gotten so repetitive and boring, Ash and I are having a competition." 

"Repetitive!?" Meowth gaped. 

"Boring!?" Jessie shouted. 

"Competition?" James frowned. 

"Yeah." Ash nodded, "The past 100 times you've shown up, we've been marking whose Pokemon have blasted you away. Right now, we're tied, so whoever blasts you away this time wins before we start over." 

"Oooh, what's the prize!" James rubbed his hands together, "Is it rare limited edition Snapple my Apple bottle cap from 1973!?" 

"I was hopin' it'd be da biggest ball of yarn ever made!" Meowth's eyes gleamed. 

"You idiots!" Jessie screeched, "First off, those prizes are stupid and anyone in their right mind would want a full week of spa treatments at the finest hotel Kanto has to offer! Secondly, they're talking about attacking us and you idiots are busy dreaming away about a prize that neither of you are even qualified to win!" 

"Ouch, Jessie. We have feelings, you know." James frowned. 

Meowth rolled his eyes, "I never knew dat. The cat's outta da bag now..." 

"Stop blithering like nitwits!" 

Ash and Misty, at this point, were staring at each other. 

"Who in the world would want a bottle cap for a prize?" Ash whispered. 

"Or yarn... that's definitely not a part of what I want when I win." 

"Oh yeah?" Ash grinned, "Who says you're the one who's going to win?" 

"I do! And I am!" Misty winked playfully. 

"On the count of three we'll start?" 

"Sure. One..." 

"Two..." 

"Three!" 

Misty called out her Staryu and Pikachu leapt off of Ash's shoulder. Team Rocket wasn't paying any attention- they were now arguing about... well, it was going all over the place.