*Prologue*

*Prologue*

"WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU! YOU DO EVERYTHING WRONG! YOUR A MISTAKE! NO ONE WANTS YOU!" My father screamed to me as I walked in the door, from another awful day at school.. I realized.. He'd been drinking... I hated when he drank..

As the yelling still kept accruing... I rolled my eyes, and went up stairs to my room. I shut my door, and slid down to the floor, and closed my eyes. 'It gets better' I whisper to myself, but I knew it was a lie..

After a little bit, I stood up, and went over to my mirror.. It was broken, like myself, smudges, and dust covered the whole thing.. I looked at myself. I saw a slim medium tall girl, who had tan smooth skin like my dad, with very blue eyes, from my mother, black, beach wavy hair, neck length hair, like my mothers.. I was wearing black leggings, boots, and a grey and white striped long sleeved sweater.

I took a long look.. And sighed.

I heard my dad yelling on the phone down stairs, I snuck out of my room, and sat on the second step, to listen.. When he yells like that, it's either my mother, or his doctor.

His doctor is pretty nice, my dad just doesn't like him, because he hates thinking he's ill, because if he's ill he can't drink and all that.. Which he hates.. But this time was different.. It was a weird conversation..

"I DONT NEED ANY HELP!!"

"I DONT CARE! IM FINE!"

*hangs up*

I went back upstairs. But as I got to my door is voice lowered..

"You need to take her.. I don't want her seeing me like this.. NO I'm fine! Just.. Take her! Next week.. No longer..." He hung up.

I then went in my room.. And started packing, I knew I was going to live with my mother, I haven't seen her since I was eight when I left our home to live with my dad, when they got a divorce.

See, my dad wasn't all that bad before they got a divorce, I mean, he was sweet, gentle, loving, and kind.. Until a month after the divorce. He got drunk every night, and it worsened.. It went from 2 beers a day to a whole thing of beers, per day..

I hated seeing him like this.. It hurt.. He was my dad.. And when he started yelling and hitting me... Well.. I knew it wasn't him.. It was the "monster" inside him.. I sat on my floor, gathering all my clothes, and then for once he actually knocked..

"Rose.. Your um.. Your leaving next week to live with your mom in Hollywood.."

I looked at him..

He looked around my room.. And then down where I was and saw my bag..

"Guess you already knew..."

I nodded.. He then left my room..

*********

It was the day.. My dad drank before he dropped me off at the airport... I learned when I was nine to keep my mouth shut.. Until one day he's caught.. Which will like.. Be never.. He dropped me off, I stood on the sidewalk just staring at him, waiting for him to say goodbye..

He didn't.. He glanced at me, and then sped away... I looked down.. Tears forming in my eyes, I shook it off put my head high.. Wiped off my cheeks, and went into the airport. I gave the flight attendant my ticket, and sat in my seat. I stared out the window... I saw a man getting beat up by a group of men.. The plane started to take off.. And then it came to me...

That was going to be the last time.. I ever saw my father.....

*A.N.

Hey guys! I hope you guys like my new book so far! I'm finishing up my other two, but I wanted to get on this one! I love you all SOOO much!! Have a wonderful and week! Love you!! 😘❤️❤️❤️❤️💋💋

~Cindaaay