[Short Story] How Many Ghosts?..

How many ghosts does it take to change a light bulb? None, because where they are, electricity doesn't function that well. To notice that first hand isn't one of the most pleasant things in life, considering you realize that there are ghosts where you sleep, where you eat, where you bathe and do your homework. To see them floating around with no feet, just wandering the hallways gave him the "scaries" every time. Tim's used to it, really, yet the creepy feeling still engulfs him every single time. And what's worse, he's the only one who can see them. He often plays with them, though. Hide and seek is their most common game. Just that it wasn't very fair since they can pass through objects and walls. He was the only one to ever lose the game. Every single time. Yet it was still fun for a seven year old to have friends in the middle of nowhere. An isolated home, away from any possible life forms other than several dogs, a common visitor badger, which he named Louis and his parents.

The most disturbing thing about them living in his villa was the fact that when he turned eight, he became an orphan. Literally. An uncountable amount of ghosts wandering through his house had a few evil desires to fulfill. Deeds to be completed in order to escape this nightmare. To finish their business within the living and escape to where they could rest in peace. Crimson liquid on the walls, guts torn to shreds across several rooms all belonged to his father Bartholomew and his mother Helena. These evil spirits were vicious. Unforgiving. Caring for little Timmy was the last thing on their non-existent minds. All these spectral beings cared about was vengeance. 

So... How many ghosts does it take to change a light bulb? Again, none, because there wasn't anyone left to see the light... Not even Timmy...