Maybe, We Should

Annabeth's Point Of View:

       He laid there in the hospital bed, silent unable to utter a single word. He seemed like he was unable to do anything but stare at the empty glass that used to contain water. I sat in a chair a few feet away from the bed, reading Allegiant for the 7th time. I broke the silence, hating no sounds whatsoever besides the turning pages.

       "The doctor told me that you can leave now but you have to come for a monthly check-up. Do you want to go out and eat at King's Beehive? It's a really good place to eat. We can talk about your past and maybe the mystery girl." I bit my bottom lip staring at his messy black hair, waiting for an answer. He quietly nodded and I'd expect excitement from his side but none came out.

       We walked out the room and went up to the counter where a lady with very bushy eyebrows helped him check out. Once I checked him out of the hospital, we walked to the restaurant a couple of blocks away. We arrived at a wooden looking place and we were waiting to be served. A young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes gave a smile, and seated us and gave us a menu.

       Percy sat there staring at the menu real hard, probably struggling at reading the letters.

       "Umm, I really don't know what to order. Since you know me better than I know myself, could you order? Annabeth, is it Annabeth? Yeah, I think it's Annabeth" His voice was awkward and uncertain.

       "Well, the Percy I know would have like cheese burgers, fries and blue cherry coke," I said recalling all the times he gorged down this very lunch at Camp Half-Blood. We gave the order to a nice waitress, it was unusual but I couldn't put my finger on it. It probably was because she had the same curly blonde hair, but her grey eyes were smoky but unlike mine it was very dark. Strange, huh? As I waited for the waitress to go away, I noticed that she stared at him lustfully, at bit more than I felt comfortable with.

       "Would you like anything, umm....," she started as she glanced at Percy. She some thirsty girl, huh?

       "Percy! Percy Jackson and no that would be for both of us, right Annabeth? Yea, I think it would be for both of us, thank you," he exclaimed as he tilted his head to the left. "Thank you, Amanda!" He smiled a way that told both of us he liked her.

       She blushed as she shuffled away, I looked at her up and down analyzing her body language. It seemed to me that she had a pretty obvious crush on Percy. If Percy noticed anything he didn't let it on, he's always so oblivious. This time I guess it was to my benefit me.

       He stayed quiet for quite a long time. I glanced at him and I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Percy finally looked up and I quickly looked at my food, blushing. I couldn't deny my heart fluttered the way it used to, like how I felt with Nico. I can't feel this way, he broke up with me. He once loved me, but I guessed it ended a tragic way. Just like how Aphrodite likes it. I exhaled letting a breath out that I didn't realize I held.

      "Annabeth, is that the girl I fell for. I mean the similarities are strikingly similar." He let out a hoping smile and raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

      "It's not her, well that I don't know. She seems like a flirt but her eyes tell otherwise. Let me go up and ask her." I gave him a warm smile and left the booth and walked up to her.

       "Hey, this might sound weird but are you a daughter of Athena?" She gave me a knowing smile and smirked.

       "I'm a big fan, Annabeth. Finally, someone knows. I'm Jessie Adams." I let out a smile for my half-sister.

       "So, that's a yes?" Jessie and I let out a laugh. I nodded and she gave me another smirk.

       "What's the real reason you want to talk to me? I know something's off." I guess she's really the daughter of Athena.

       "Well, you caught me. I actually need you to pretend to be Percy's girlfriend and his love of his life. You know, since you like him."

       "Did you really think I like Percy Jackson. Fuck no. But, I'll do it for my half-sister for one favor. I don't know what that would be but I'll tell you when the time comes." Her eyes twinkled in a way that disturbed me but something about it seemed somewhat friendly.

       "I need you to pretend to be his love of his life, but I don't think it will be hard for you." She stared into my eyes and cracked up. My face went into a confused face and she stopped.

       "Let me guess, you and Percy broke up from that somewhat perfect relationship and you want him to be happy. JUST because he's your "friend" and you're in love with another man named Nico. Am I right?" She smirked and my mouth dropped wide open. She's good.

       "You're not bad, grey eyes. Yeah, so you in?"

       "I don't like repeating myself, but HELL YEA" She squinted a bit before pointing her index finger behind me. I took a glance and I saw Nico sitting in the booth with Percy discussing about something. Their hulking bodies sat next to each other and laughed about something.

       Jessie and I  return to the booth Percy and I were sitting in and I sat down across Nico. I leaned in to give him a peck on his cheek and returned to my original position. 

       "Umm..Percy meet Jessie. Jessie meet Percy. She's the one we were looking for. I found her." Percy's face is plastered with a huge grin and  stood up and went to Jessie's direction. He kneeled down in front of her and took her hand. What surprised me the most was when Percy kissed her and my heart dropped. She bit her lip, smiling. I couldn't love him, it's not the feeling of jealousy but the feeling of reject. I strangely put a smile upon my face and congratulated them.

       "Aren't you guys sweet. Hey, I have good news! I arranged Percy and his friends to meet up with him. Nonethless, they fucking disgust you... But, HEY they don't know, what's going on! Maybe, we should visit them, yeah?" Nico smiled humorously which earned an unsatisfied groan from everyone. 

       "Nico, you're not really bright if you haven't noticed. Why would you do that? Dumbass." I mumbled curses under my breath since everyone in camp knew about our situation. 

       "You know, Nico, thank you. Thank you for everything you have done, but why is that such a problem?" Jessie sighed heavily and I joined her. Why the fuck did I date these two? 

       "Let's just go." I dragged Nico's huge frame behind me to our car. I swear to Hade's underwear that boy can kill me.

.

.

.

.

 A/N: I'm sooooo fucking sorry I haven't updated in so long. Ya know, school. That's not really a good excuse, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. MOST of my friends are so fucking shitty it's not even possible. I'm probably also upset that Little Mix isn't in America. :'( I LOVE THEIR ALBUM. Okay, I'll stop talking about my life, ANYWAYS...

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT SHARE AND FOLLOW THIS ACCOUNT AND MYYYY ACCOUNT (Superobsessedfangirl) I LOVE YA'LL!

-Superobsessedfangirl :)