Sweet Dreams

Zierra's P.O.V.

I touch something beside me and it is smooth but not recognizable. My eyes shoot open and I sit up alarmingly. I look around me and I'm in a pitch black room. How did I get here? My heart begins to race, my hands fling everywhere about, looking for something that is recognizable to me. I thought I was in school? All I feel is silky covers over my legs. I move to my right and feel a table top at my side and I feel a cold metallic button so I push on it, which makes the light switch on. I look around the now lit room and see bookshelves, a mirror closet, a black TV attached to the wall, and a few clothes laying around on the floor. I look at the table top and it's a diary. Yeah, this is my room. My chest falls and I didn't realize I was holding my breathe for so long. I remember something when I woke up and look over at the smooth surface that I felt on my finger tips which is a white envelope. I pick it up and examine it with my two hands and read the black inked writing spreading across the envelope. It reads, To: Zierra Truman. Truman was actually my last name before I got adopted by my aunt and the only person who knows is Dylan, at least it should be. To other people my last name is Wheatley but in my heart I will forever be a Truman. I flip over the envelope to the side where its a V-shape opening. It's pressed together by the glue adhesive so I pull back the V-shape opening and there is a letter with blue inked writing; I pull it out and read it to myself...

Dear Zierra,
You might be confused but you are safe. You might be wondering how you even got here, well, I took you here. And no, no one in your house saw me so don't worry. I climbed up that vine fence thing on your house and went through your window so luckily it was open....

I look over at my pristine clear window and it is a little open. I look back down at the letter.

...You looked really sad and depressed in school Misty so I took your camera and went to someone I know to get it fixed. You should have it back in the next two days. Have your rest Misty, and I will see you later.

I flip the letter around to see if it's a name and nothing. But the only person who calls me Misty is Dylan. I smile to myself. And my camera... it's going to be fixed. I cover my mouth and a few tears glide down my cheeks. Dylan is the best, I love him even more for doing that.

I spot my bag laying against the side table by my bed; I grab it and rummage through it for my phone. When I find my Moto X android phone, I unlock my phone and scroll through my contacts. I press on the tab that says: Dylan :p. I decide to message Dylan and tell him goodnight.

Me:
8:05pm
9/28/15
Hey, Dylan, thanks again for taking me home. Goodnight :).

I plop my phone face down, waiting for his response. I see my phone light up against my bed comforter so I check to see if it's from Dylan.

Dylan :p
8:07pm
9/28/15
I had a track meet afterschool and told you and waited for you after but you weren't there?

I drop my phone and look beside me where the letter is and pick it up and skim through it carefully.
"You looked really sad and depressed in school Misty... You should have it back in the next two days. Have your rest Misty, and I will see you later." Misty, Misty, Misty. Dylan is the only person who calls me that... who else could know about it?

Dylan :p:
8:08pm
9/28/15
Misty, are you okay? Your scaring me..

Me:
8:08pm
9/28/15
I forgot about the meet, I took myself home. I had a really vivid dream of you taking me home. But everything is fine :).

I don't want to worry him more than I'm worrying myself. Who took me home and who the hell has their grimy hands on my camera!?

I hold my legs tightly to my chest and breathe deeply as I bury my head into my knees. Someone put their hands on me. Just thinking of someone touching me without me knowing and knowing where I live...