Chapter 1

The kids from the Isle of the Lost aren't that bad. Ha, get it. Not that "bad". Like how they're-- Aw, forget it.

Anyways, what I mean to say is, putting aside that most of them were raised in an evil lifestyle, some of them make great friends. I'm practically best friends with this one girl Maxie who I'm rooming with.

There's one of the Isle kids that really grasps my attention. His name is Steve. He is an average sized guy with ginger locks like mine. I've always liked it when people had things in common with me. Maxie says he's kind of a jerk and she knows this from personal experience because she lived with him on the island. I think that she doesn't see the world like I do, but I'm not gonna tell her that. She's my friend.

Steve is in some of my classes, but I haven't gotten the chance to speak with him yet for certain reasons that are really just that I'm a chicken. I'm worried about everything that could go wrong. I could sneeze, or cough all over the place. I could get the hiccups. I could embarrass myself in many ways in front of him and never get a chance.

I can't let that happen. What I have to let happen is Steve asking me to the dance. I could totally impress him then, because aunt Elsa has amazing dress making skills that could blow anyone away. The dance is a welcome dance for the Isle of the Lost kids and most of them deserve it.... Though that reminds me, who are Steve's parents?
Are they misfits or full blown villains? Either way, he's hot, and I've got my eye on him.

But not all of the Isle of the Lost children are cool. There's this one girl named Valerie, daughter of Ursula (don't ask me how she's human, I honestly don't know and don't want to know how), who's really mean to everyone, especially me and Maxie. She teases me about how my mom got frozen by her own sister, and it takes everything I have in me not to punch her where it hurts. And she teases Maxie about how she doesn't know who her parents are. Maxie just falls silent every time she mentions that. Valerie is cold, and I try to avoid her at all costs, but everywhere I turn she's there. She also has this trio thing going on with King Ben's ex Audrey, and Audrey's new boyfriend Chad. Valerie acts super nice around them and was apparently pretty popular on the island, so I guess they're joining forces or something? All I know is that I need to stay away from them at all costs.