Nightmares

The brunette wakes from a terrible sleep full of nightmares and finds herself in a slightly familiar room. Looking around she soon realizes she's in a room of her best friends house. Maura. A loud thought in her mind. I need Maura. So the brunette climbs out of the unbelievably comfortable bed that she believes to have cost as much as her car.

Stumbling from the bed, she finds the door and opens it, peeking down the hall before exiting the room. The only light in the house is from a streetlight thats light is shining through the open blinds of the windows. The light is casting big, dark shadows along the wall, making the detective walk faster to her best friends bedroom.

When she finally stumbles to the door, she stops to knock. With no answer she opens the door and steps in. The detective sees her best friend lying on her bed, with a peaceful look on her face, and that alone relaxes the detective a bit. But it isn't enough.

So she shuts the door behind her and starts climbing into the bed with her best friend. The only person who understands her fully. While trying to climb in the bed though, the doctor stirs and turns on her side to face the detective as she lays down too. "Jane?" The doctor murmers in her sleep.

"Yeah Maur, its me. I had a bad dream." And with that she snuggles up to the doctor, placing her face in the doctors neck and wrapping her arms around her. Maura just nods and wraps her arms around the detective too, also throwing one of her legs over Jane's to try and protect her from the demons that follow her.

The best thing about Maura, Jane thinks to herself, is that Maura always knows what to do to make her feel better. And this, wrapped up in each others arms is exactly it. Even if its not what best friends do. Its what they do. And it works for them. So when they dream of Hoyt, or any other demons that haunt them, they share a bed and comfort one another.

"Goodnight Jane." The doctor whispers into her hair, kissing her head before drifting back off to sleep.

"Night Maur." And Jane knows shes safe here in Mauras arms. So she sleeps easily. They both do.