1.01. home, sweet home

Chapter One

For the last four months I've been been watching the Gilberts, as well as my brothers. Elena and her brother, Jeremy, have been mourning their parents death, as expected, but their constant moping has been a bore. It's the natural, people are mean't to die. Big whoop.

Jeremy has gotten into drugs and alcohol, typical, while Elena just writes in her diary. She reminds me a lot of Stefan, always writing her feelings down. Personally, I think journals, diaries, whatever you want to call them, are completely and utterly stupid.

Speaking of Stefan, my older brother has been struggling with his human blood binge, trying to stay on the rails of his bunny diet. Like that's ever going to work. Vampires were created to drink human blood, not settle for a cheap shot of squirrel. That was one of the few things Damon and I agree on. My eldest brother has done a great job cleaning up his messes over the past few months here in the falls. There hasn't been any reports of an animal attack or missing person, so that was a start.

Since Stefan has been trying to control his hunger, he's been residing in the Salvatore boarding house for the whole summer. His placement has been slowing down my plan to get into the boarding house, but now that fall is here that means Stefan can finally see Elena again after all those painful months, and I can finally put action to my plan of getting into my family house.

A couple hours later, Stefan was out compelling his way into school, which I had already enrolled myself in, and Damon was probably stalking Elena after his meal of a nice couple last night, I had a job to do: get into the boarding house.

I could either kill Zach or compel him to invite me in, but there was a high chance he was on vervain and I don't think Stefan would appreciate me killing his nephew. So, I was left no choice than to bleed him dry of vervain.

I felt the hot tears pour down my face as I approached the Salvatore boarding house. I banged on the door frantically. The door opened, a familiar man standing in the doorway.

"I-I didn't see it. It came out of no where. I look down to change the song on my IPod and then the next thing I know, I hit it and I'm new in town and I don't know where to go and-," I explain, my words coming out as sobs. I'm standing on the front porch, hands on my face.

"Okay, do you know where you hit it so we can call animal control?" he asked softly.

"A couple blocks back, but I don't have a phone. I broke it a couple day ago," I lie. I can feel the tears melting away my make up as they continue to slide down my pale cheeks.

"It's okay, I'll get my phone. Stay right here," he said, shutting the door.

A couple minutes later the door opens. "Here, I called animal control. They said they'd be here soon. Do you need to call your parents?... Hello?" he calls out. He steps out on to the porch, searching for me.

"Thanks, you're very kind, Zach, unlike most Salvatores," I said, smirking. He goes to run back inside, but I grab him and throw him back onto the pavement. He stands back up and I notice the blood oozing from a scratch above his eyebrow.

Stefan had a problem with human blood, trying not to become obsessed, afraid he'll never be able to stop after one little taste. While Damon had everything under control. He knew when he wanted to stop and when he wanted to kill them, never having a problem. I, being the odd one, had a major problem when it came to drinking from the vein. Blood bags, yeah, I'm okay with. But, a human with gallons of warm, fresh blood pumping through their veins, I couldn't seem to control myself. I was too scared I'd kill someone. But you have to do what you have to do. Anyways, I was getting better day by day.