Not your typical love story, i think.

Chapter 1:

‘Hey, its Derek. Im not here right now, so leave me your number and your message after the beep, bye!’ His answering machine said.

‘Hey Derek. Its Sarah, I wanted to ask you about our da- meeting at the movies tonight, you still up for it? Please call back. Bye.’ I said.

I disconnected the phone and went up to my room. I feel depressed. I’m lanky, nerdy, oily haired, acne freak and I have a best guy friend that’s totally hot and sstill hangs out with me. Should the sluts be jealous? No. Because he’s not been answering his phone and I think he’s on a date with one of them. Not that he’s one of those types, but people change. So, sluts, if you reading this, don’t be jealous. Hes been my best friend since 1st grade. We were fighting over crayons, he wanted my 64 pack. Sigh.

‘RING!’

Oh, the phones ringing! I hope its Derek, and NOT the telemarketing guy who tries to flirt with me. 

‘Hello?’

‘Its Derek.’

‘DEREK! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I WAS SCARED LIKE SHIT. GOSH. WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OKAY?’

‘SARAH! Relax, I didn’t get, for example, arrested, im fine. I was spending the day with my sister. She’s leaving tomorrow. I told you, remember? So, you up for that movie tonight? I hope you are.’

‘Oh, yeah!’ I said, slapping my forehead. ‘I totally forgot. Yeah, I’ll be ready in like 20 minutes, so pick me up and we’ll go.’

‘Sure, go get yo ass into the shower, girl!’ Derek said in his weird manly voice.

‘Haha, bye.’

‘Bye.’

 I hung up the phone and went up to the bathroom. I tried to make my face beautiful, with my makeup which I only use for weddings and stuff like that and then I searched my closet for SOMETHING decent and found a pair of skinny jeans and a nice looking top to match my flats. I got my straightener and starting straightening. I looked at myself in the mirror.

‘Not bad.’

I turned around and saw my mother, leaning against the door, smirking. He was wearing her waitress’ uniform and was smoking. Her hair was a mess around her and her mascara was running down her cheeks.

‘Where you going, sweetie?’ she said in her fake angelic voice.

‘To the movies?’

‘With Derek, huh? News flash, Sarah. Dressing up like a cheap slut doesn’t help you with getting a date. He must’ve had many girlfriends in the past and he sure doesn’t want you as one. Trust me honey, and just break up with him and get back to your nerdy life.’

‘I wouldn’t have been so nerdy if it wasn’t for you and your ‘rich’ boyfriend. Because of both of you, I had to get hand-me-downs from charity shops. And I’ve been paying for my own tuition fees, because you can’t hold down a job! I WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WITHOUT YOU!’

‘THEN GET OUT OF HERE! GET LOST! I HOPE I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN! YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES TO PACK THEN GET OUT!’ She screamed, slamming the door.

 I felt hot tears go down my cheeks, of course I was upset, and she was my own mom.  But she made a lot of bad choices when my dad died. She decided to move to LA to start fresh and become a successful businesswoman, and look where she is now. A waitress at McDonald’s, trying to pay the rent of our awful slum house and to top it all off, she had a boyfriend who always takes money from her to gamble and buy alcohol and she’s still with him. I seriously can’t live here, it’s over. I started packing my things and took all my belongings, and in the back of my closet, a box filled with presents and things my dad gave me which I put in my duffel bag. I was ready and SHE comes in and says,

‘Times up, get out.’

I walked out casually, wiping away my tears. I walked onto the street and called Derek.

‘Hello?’

‘Derek, my mom kicked me out. Can you pick me up and take me somewhere where I can stay?’

‘What? She kicked you out? Why? Tell me later. Okay I’ll pick you up. Bye. ‘

---

After Derek picked me up, we went to get some food. We decided on McDonald’s and made our orders takeaway. We went to Derek’s house and ate silently. We went up to Dereks room and I told him what happened. He was gob smacked and said,

‘Wow. That’s awful, but you can stay with me for the time being.’ He said, putting his hand on mine.

I looked at him, gazing directly into his beautiful golden eyes. He came closer to me, so close that I could feel his hot breath on my cold face. He leaned in and said,

‘I love you.’

And he kissed me.