Never let Me Fall Down

I look back to Lizzy. “Stay here, until Sebastian is done cleaning.”

She nods her head and waits at the door. I walk back to my room and sit down on my comfy red arm chair. I untie the purple ribbon around my neck. “Tch, purple doesn’t fit me.”

I walk over to the dresser to find any decent clothes to wear. I open the draw and find a note on top of a set of clothes. I pick it up. “Here’s a set of clothes for the party at eight sharp here. The Balakov ring is in the vest’s pocket. – Sebastian”

I sigh. “What a pain.”

I unbutton the dark frilly dress shirt last as I was changing. I put my arms through the white long sleeve dress shirt. I hear a knock on the door. My eyes went wide in shock. Damn, if it’s not Sebastian then I’m dead. I cleared my throat. “Who is it?”

“It’s Lizzy!” the hyper voice said on the other side of the double doors.

“Bloody hell!” I cursed softly. “Um, what do you want?”

“Can I talk to you?” Lizzy asked. She couldn’t have found out that I’m a girl. “Let me finish changing.” I said.

I buttoned up the shirt and put on a long sleeved coat that has white frills hugging around my neck, that’s attached to the collar. The frills go down, curving with a finish off with ten gold buttons on the left side of my chest. Thank god my chest was flat, or else I have to go through the pain of bandaging around my chest.

I buttoned only five down the row on my vest. There were also white frills all around the end of my vest. I buttoned one of the two buttons on both of my sleeves. I put on short black pants and then stripped black and white stripped stockings. I put on black shoes.

Where’s the pocket with the Balakov ring? I notice a white handkerchief in a pocket on my right side of the vest. I take it out and see the ruby shine with the gold ring that’s holding it, which is the Balakov ring. I put it on my middle finger on my left hand.

I walk over to the doors and open it to find Lizzy wearing a pink frilly dress. She smiles. “Surprise!”

“Uh, what’s the surprise?” I asked.

“I’m wearing the dress that you bought me!” Lizzy giggles.

“Oh, that looks nice on you.” I said. “So, where’s Sebastian?”

“He’s organizing the party for tonight!” Lizzy hooks her arms around mine. She starts walking me to the ballroom. “This is going to be fun!”

Lizzy opens the doors and we see that everyone was working their butts off for this party.

“No! Its dinner dishes on the left and deserts on the right! My left not yours!” Sebastian yells. A cook walks up to him holding a cake. Sebastian tests it and slapped the cake in the cook’s face. “Too much salt!”

I stared at him in shock. Sebastian acting this mad is something I wouldn’t believe. I laughed a little.

Sebastian looks around the room. “Who’s laughing? This is not laughing matter!”

He turns around to see me laughing. He turns slightly red. “Oh, master. I’m sorry for yelling.”

I laugh harder that I tried to talk with no hesitations. “N-No do con- continue.”

I cough a little. “Sorry, do continue. We need to make this party perfect for the guest.”

Sebastian smiled and bowed. “I will do my very best.”

I smiled and then notice Lizzy giving me a sad face.

I gave her a small glare. “What’s wrong?”