Strawberry Ice Cream

Imagine this:

It was a hot summer day, maybe reaching the 100º point, and you really, really wanted to cool down. Your air conditioning broke, your fan has only three settings: barely working, eh I feel a little bit and IMMA swing off and kill somebody!

You're dripping in sweat and hating your life at the moment.

You slowly drag your body to your kitchen and opened the refrigerator to at least cool down a little bit until the guys came to fix your air conditioning.

Then an idea popped into your slow and not really functioning brain because of the heat. It was a really, really great idea. Make ice cream.

Getting really excited, you rummage around your fridge to find all the ingredients, forgetting that you haven't memorized all the ingredients and what you were actually looking for except you knew that you needed milk.

And then gradually, your mind notices how stupid you are because you were holding a carrot and staring at it thinking it was milk. They are nothing alike.

Its the heats fault, you assure yourself.

Stumbling to your iPad, you get the ingredients up.

2 cups whole milk

Yup, you had that. Now... all you need to get is the measuring cup. It's in the cupboard, the lower left cupboard, on the middle right shelf... Its also green. Your brain said, giving you a mental picture.

Then you looked to the next thing listed:

2 cups heavy cream

Yup, definitely had that. Its.... just somewhere in the back of the fridge. Its like this pink/ yellow container... "Oh! There it is!" you cried as your eyes swept passed it.

3/4 white sugar

Check, you murmured as you closed the refrigerator door and turned around to a cupboard, opened it and got the sugar.

1/8 teaspoon salt

Obviously, who doesn't have salt in their house?

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Need that whenever you're baking!

2 cups mashed or cut fresh strawberries

You luuuuuuuve strawberries. That's why you always have them in the fridge and this is exactly the right time to put them into your ice cream. Yay.

And finally:

3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Now, with all the gathered ingredients, you needed to start actually making them with an ice cream machine/ maker.

Here are the ingredients:

Coarsely mash strawberries with sugar, lemon juice, and salt using a potato masher in a large bowl. Let stand, stirring and mashing occasionally, 10 minutes.

Transfer half of strawberry mixture to a blender and purée with cream until smooth. Return strawberry cream to bowl with remaining strawberries and chill, stirring occasionally, until very cold, 3 to 6 hours.

Freeze mixture in ice cream maker. Transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to firm up.

Albin, Andrea. "Perfect No-Cook Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe | Epicurious.com." N.p., n.d. Web. 2015.

A/N Sorry for such a slow update. Was pretty busy. Probably a year since I went back to wattpad. Sorry guys.