Chapter 1

The floors that were once clean white slates, were now stained a crimson red. Were these truly the scenes of cold blooded murder. Empty flesh carcasses arranged on the floor of every event.The chalk out lines were all that remained after the bodies were collected. My father a mortician was to evaluate them. He wanted to pass his work on to me. I didn't want to work with him, fortunately I would have to wait to work with him until I was 19 and had a degree.

The collection downstairs was growing a rotten sent, one un-normal. The bodies never quite stank like they do now. I made my way down to the morgue that was at the hospital, it was the time that I normally took my dad out to eat. I rounded the corner at the bottom of the stair only to meet with the cold reminder of why I want to write and not become a mortician. My blood curdling scream alerted the doctors up stairs. My father was there in pieces like my mother had been so many years ago. I was 15, I was going up stairs because my mother had called me. I Couldn't bear to look at any body after meeting the mutilated body of my mothers. I watched in horror as the man who was over my mother looked over at me. His cold stare infiltrated every inch of my body. The words that he said to me played over in over in my head as he took me in his arms and ran from the house. "Oh sweety, you shouldn't be here." Those words scared me because by the time dad had found me, it was too late. I was bent and broken. I was a victim. My body was no longer sacred. The one thing that was souly mine was taken. I was afraid of loving arms. To think only three years ago, I was a perky and happy teenage girl. But after that day, My shimmering blonde hair changed to a jet black, my wrist were adorn with the scars of my memories, and I lost trust in people.

By the passing of my fathers funeral. I was gone. I was unwilling to take on the family job passed from generation to generation. I still don't know who the murder is and i could care less. That man was sentenced to death and I couldn't have been happier, I haven't been to the house in a while. Three years that i chose to spend in my dads old car. That had been sold according to his will. I had a room at my home. Daddy chose to rent out the house except my room so I would have a steady income along with the 8 grand he left to me. I guess now was the right time to stop wandering on my hopeless path.

My life had been stomped on in many ways. I had to go home, there was no where left but home. The only place I could move forward from was home. Where all this mess started. I never imagined that I would be going to the room that I left behind. I am 18 and my dad is dead what was I supposed to do live on the streets? No way, I am not risking getting raped again. I forced my self to walk drying the tears that stained my cheeks, my house wasn't to far from the graveyard that my father was laid to rest in. You could see my house from there. It was beautifully painted to match the twilight of the sky at night. I marched up the hill meeting the heavy oak door adorn by the shiniest knocker I had ever seen. I placed my hand around my neck loosening the string that held my key in place. I wanted to do everything in my power in order to keep from meeting the new renters. I carefully unlocked the door pushing it open slowly waiting for the loud creak that did not come. My eyes were alight at the freshly painted wall all of them except my door. Still painted the same as before. I went to step by my leg was blocked by a little furball. I bent down let my hand run down the cats back. I wrapped my fingers around the caller. "Crow". What an odd name for a cat. I silently laughed to myself before carefully stepping across the floor as if it were going to collapse under me. I could hear laughter in the front room. I was tempted to go say hi but I stuck to my ground as I reached my door.

I reached up tracing my fingers across the dust matted letters of my name,"Haley" Still the same sky blue that I left them as. At least these people have the mind to keep to their own belongings. I smiled forcing my second key into the lock and turning it. I was careful to push the door open and lock it before closing it. I set the suit case that I had been carrying on the bed as well as my knapsack. I started unpacking replacing the old clothes with the new ones.Slowly coating my pale purple walls with my posters. Black Veil Brides, my favorite band. I was quiet up until I heard someone yell," God Damn it who left the door open, You could of let crow out!" I sighed close Haley, too close. "Why is there mud, you guys did take your... Wait all our shoes are here." Shit shit shit, I should of carried them in here. It was not long before a there was a soft knock on my door. "Haley, Are you in there?" His voice was low and seductive, it was almost like I knew this person. His voice just clicking in the back of my mind.

I felt my self push up off the bed and slowly inch towards the door. I felt my hands wrap around the knob before letting out a squeak or words,"Hello?" I said as I slowly pulled the door open. I quickly pulled my hand to my mouth as my door swung open. I looked to my posters before looking back. My eyes had met the cold blue stare of none other than Andy Biersack. I felt a loud scream come from my mouth as the room started spinning and quickly faded to black.