Chapter 31

D—":

Honestly, Victoria had been startled by Namjoo that her brain wasn't functioning correctly. She couldn't find anything to say to make Namjoo go back inside. In the end, they stood there with Namjoo staring at them suspiciously. And beside her, Kris was trying to muffle his cries with a hand over his mouth. The sight was so pitiful. It was so painful...so painful...

"No, we're not crying," Victoria denied, but Namjoo didn't look like she believed her. "Why would you say that?"

She stood there for a long while before giving in. "Fine, I'll believe you, but what are you guys doing out here?"

"Ah...that..." Victoria's eyes fluttered and she lied, "we were just talking. You know...about Organization One."

"Oh...ok..."

Namjoo eyed Kris again before turning around to walk inside. When Victoria heard the door close she leaned against the building and closed her eyes with a heavy sigh. Beside her, Kris turned around to look for Namjoo who was already gone.

"How...am I supposed to face her now?" he asked.

Victoria pursed her lips and tried to think of anything comforting, but she didn't know. What kind of words could she offer him at this moment?

"Would you rather have her see you crying or smiling before she goes?" Victoria questioned.

D—":

When Namjoo stepped back inside she heard murmurs from within the foyer. Curious about who might still be awake at this hour she slowly stepped toward the foyer and peered inside from the doorway. It was so dark that it was hard to make out any shadows inside. In the end, a loud scream escaped her when Chan Shik jumped out in front of her with a loud shout.

"Ah...what the heck!?" she scolded.

He laughed before a flicker of light lit up the dark room and Namjoo turned to see a candle behind him.

"What are you doing? Come in." Chan Shik put a hand on her shoulder and urged her inside.

"Why? What's this?" Namjoo questioned confused, but momentarily excited by the surprise.

"For...to cheer us on, in our fight against Organization One," Tao cheerily spoke before he glanced over at Krystal. "Would you stop crying?"

Her eyes swerved over to the person sitting on the couch who she now recognized as Krystal. Now that Namjoo's period of excitement deflated she could now hear Krystal sobbing.

"Why are you crying?" Namjoo wondered. Then she glanced out the window and turned to the others, "Is there a reason why the others have been crying too? Did something happen?"

"No," Baekhyun pulled her attention back, "nothing in particular happened. Just...the attack was called off today. So...we're celebrating."

Namjoo blinked her eyes still confused and unable to believe them, but figured she might as well go along with the flow. "What's this?"

"Ah...we gathered some of the chocolate bars together and melted them," Baekhyun explained, "we want to cheer you on too."

The fire that flickered from the tip of the candle glowed against Baekhyun's face and Namjoo thought she could see tears well up in his eyes. By then, she wasn't feeling very cheery anymore, but if they had put effort into doing something like this she should show her gratitude with a smile.

"Lets continue fighting together for a long time, hmm?" Tao put an arm around her and patted her shoulder.

Namjoo turned to look at him and slowly nodded. Though she wasn't sure what was going on, but they were all so genuine she didn't feel like breaking up the mood by asking any more questions.