Chapter 23

D—":

There was a chilly breeze that night, but even that wasn't able to touch Luhan's heart. He stared desolately into the dark distance while his mind traveled back in time.

"Ta-da!" Namjoo shouted and jumped into the doorway with her palms out.

Luhan looked up from the newspaper he was reading in their living room to see her in one of his dress shirts.

"What are you doing?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"Isn't it sexy?" she questioned.

"Mmm...let me think about it," he set the newspaper down and cupped his chin with his thumb and forefinger.

"What?" she put her hands down and seemed a little disappointed with his reaction. "I read in a magazine that men like it when their woman wears their clothes."

He got up and walked toward her. Namjoo looked up at him with pursed lips when he stopped before her and smirked.

Turning her around he said, "Your back side looks sexier."

"Yah!" she screamed when she turned her head around, but was caught off guard when he wrapped his arms around her waist and carried her back into their room.

He could hear her laughing and kicking her legs about before he set her on the ground and snuggled his face into her hair. Digging his fingers into hers he attempted to kiss her from the back but stopped when he felt that the ring that should have been there on her finger was missing.

"Huh?" he asked before holding her hand up. "Where's your ring?"

"Oh!" she sounded surprised as if she hadn't realized it and looked around. "Where is it?"

His brows furrowed a little upset, "How could you lose it?"

"I didn't! I left it somewhere."

"That's exactly the same thing," he pointed out.

Namjoo turned around to make a face at him before she walked into the bathroom and came back out holding her hand up. A silver ring glittered over her ring finger. "Ha! I told you I left it somewhere!"

Luhan rolled his eyes at her before he pulled her toward him coaxingly, "Alright, sorry. Don't take it off. Ever."

"I promise I won't, Master," she put a hand up to salute him and smiled cheekily.

He smiled satisfied and rubbed his fingers against her mid back.

"Are you wearing something under that?" he asked.

"Huh?" she wondered confused and looked down at her legs before she looked back at him and laughed with a smirk. "My shorts," she pulled the shirt up teasingly and watched his eyes wander amused then held open the collar of his shirt, "and my shirt."

"Eesh!" he drilled his fingers into the side of her head playfully and they both laughed before he hugged and kissed her. "Why are you wearing my shirt anyway? Take it off."

He began to unbutton the first button but Namjoo quickly gripped her hand over it, "What!? No! I like it! Can I keep it?"

He frowned at her, "Why!? It's weird."

"No, it's not." She refuted.

"Fine, whatever," he gave in, "have it your way."

That smile of victory splashed over her face and she stood on her tip toes before giving him a peck on the forehead. "Yes, my way."