Returning From Jabberwock Island

'Damn I'm tired' I thought as I returned home. I had just returned from a school trip from Hope's Peak. We went to Jabberwock Island, and archipelago in the Pacific. We stayed for about a week, the school covering the majority of the costs. A pal of mine, Kazuichi Souda, had built our means of transportation.

It was an exciting trip, all in all, but some parts stuck out to me. The first thing was where we were sleeping, and how we decided on that. The first night I slept on my own, but when I woke up, I found that a member of the "Despairing Duo," (as me and some friends - Nagito Komaeda, Chiaki Nanami and Makoto Naegi - had dubbed them) Mikan Tsumiki was in my bed with me. She probably missed Junko Enoshima, the other member of the Despairing Duo, and oh boy was she a bitch. I missed home too, especially him.

The rest of the trip seemed pretty normal, but on the second last night, we had a campfire. Komaeda had the idea of playing a game, where we would each have to explain who we'd kill, if needed to. Hanamaru Teruteru went first, and said Komaeda, because it was his godawful idea to play this game.

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu went next. He said Mahiru Koizumi, because apparently she was bullying his little sister. From my knowledge, it was the opposite way round. Peko Pekoyama, Fuyuhiko's girlfriend, had also said Koizumi which really bugged Koizumi's best friend Hiyoko Saionji. We turned to Mikan, who would probably say nobody, if given the option. You had to say someone.

Mikan said she's kill Saionji, in a sarcastic manner, earning herself a playful shove in the shoulder. This thing is with Mikan is that she's actually very nice unless she's with Junko. She also has the tendency to turn batshit for some reason. Sonia Nevermind, classmate, friend and princess, exclaimed that maybe it was stress, because Mikan was working in a hospital for work experience. It was no wonder, because she was very good at treating the sick and injured. I remember once I had fallen over running away from Junko, and I had grazed my knees. Mikan had me patched up in no time; however Junko screamed at her for "aiding the enemy."

After she and Saionji had calmed down, Teruteru turned to her and said "Well?"

"Um, well, ah...I-Ibuki, I guess?" Mikan eventually squeaked, twiddling her fingers. "Oi!" Mioda Ibuki retorted, punching her gently. "Why, can't handle how punk rock Ibuki is?" She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Well...you are quite loud..." she answered. Mikan didn't really hang out with us - she was usually with Junko -  and she was still adapting to how...erratic we are.

"I get that a lot!" Ibuki grinned. I turned to Gundham Tanaka. "Who are you gonna kill?"

"Hmm..." Gundham pondered for a moment. "How about Coach Nekomaru?" He said in a deep tone.

"How fucking dare you say that about Coach Nekomaru?!" Akane Owari shouted to Gundham. He began to chuckle. "Well, you see Akane, I have a reason for my statement. It would have more meaning to murder someone of my superior strength than to murder a weakling such as yourself."

"Huh?" Akane was confused.

"He's calling us weak shithead!" Fuyuhiko shouted to Akane.

While Fuyuhiko and Akane and Tanaka were all argueing, I took this moment to text Naegi.

Hajime Hinata
hey, how r things back home?

I got a reply almost instantly.

Makoto Naegi
not 2 bad. how's camp?

Hajime Hinata
weird. ko had an idea to play a game where we'd say who we'd murder, if needed :/

Makoto Naegi
haha, sounds fun. it's movie night with Komaru

Komaru was the younger (but taller) sister of Makoto. She was cool, but she kinda had a shit class. She was in her final year of high school, while me and Makoto and all our classmates were in our second year of college. The main problem was Monaca Towa - the high school equivelant of Junko.

Hajima Hinata
what r u watching??

Makoto Naegi
the lion king lmao

Hajime Hinata
sounds fun xD see ya when i get back ;)

Makoto Naegi
u 2 ;)

"Ooh, Chiaki, who would you murder?" Sonia asked. Sonia was, as some of us put it, a "serial killer enthusiast." Which I guess she kinda is.

"Komaeda" she said, almost monotoniously. I remember back when me, Chiaki and Ko were all best friends and we'd do stuff together. But then one day, Komaeda came into our dorm (we were dormmates) panicking slightly.

"Hajime?"

"Yes, Nagito?"

And then Ko spilled the beans. "I'm in love with Chiaki and I'm really worried this will break up the group and we won't all be friends as we have been the past, what, 6 years?"

I just laughed. "Don't you worry Ko! This won't break up the group; chances are, Chiaki fancies you to, I mean you are kinda fanciable..."

"What?"

"Doesn't matter. Ask her out!" I said, encouragingly.

"Mmkay."

Back to the game, Komaeda was questioning why Chiaki would murder him, laughing until we saw water come out his misty green eyes.

"I was joking!" She laughed back. "I'd kill Izuru."

"But Izuru isn't in our class!" Souda argued. Izuru Kamakura was Junko's boyfriend. Tall, with long flowing hair and usually found in either a suit or band t-shirts. To say the least, Izuru was an emo. But I guess that's why Junko's into him.

"Oh, it has to be someone in our class? Then Souda" Chiaki concluded. "Your turn."

Souda didn't even hesitate. "Gundham." He was hinting at his past crush on Sonia. She and Gundham were high school sweethearts, and that made Souda quite mad. He had found someone however. And that someone was Ibuki Mioda.

"It's 10 o'clock children!" Teacher Usami called to us. Our curfue was unbearably early, considering we were college students. Usami must have been a teacher at a school for 6 year olds before becoming a college teacher. But it was no big deal. Mot of us snuck out at night, not usually me, but Ko would - to see Chiaki no doubt.

But as I lay on my bed, reviewing my camp memories, I realised how much better the whole expierience would be if Makoto was there.