Chapter 1: Basically just an introdution

Merlin moved swiftly through the hallways of the castle, holding a silver plate out in front of him. He turned sharply at a large wooden door. It opened with a click and he swiftly walked in plate still in hand.

"Arthur?" Merlin was halfway through the door when he saw Arthur standing in-between his bed and the wall, half clothed.
"I brought you dinner!" Merlin said, in a half enthusiastic tone. Arthur sat at his table.
"And you're only 20 minutes late this time. And, what's this?" Arthur gestured to a half eaten dinner roll on his plate, next to garlic mashed potatoes with about a spoonful taken out of it.
"What?" Merlin bit his lip a little as Arthur stared at him.
"Merlin, is my eyesight getting worse or is my food half eaten?" Arthur remarked.
"It's probably you." Merlin said playfully.
Arthur looked scornfully at Merlin and he dropped his head.
"You know, you are probably the worst man servant I've ever had." Arthur put more annunciation on worst.
"Then why do you keep me?" Merlin immediately regretted saying that. Both him and Arthur knew he had gone too far. The rest of the night went on rather awkwardly and they both breathed deeply when Arthur told Merlin,
"Go get some rest. We've got a long day tomorrow."