Pick Up Lines (part 1)

Ryuzaki kept stuffing his face with cake and little cookies. He dropped 20 sugar cubes into his tea and stirred it. He refused to let it show, but he was nervous.

~ Flash Back ~

Ryuzaki was walking down the white hallways, slouching, face as neutral as ever.

"I know you like (f/n)," Matsuda said to Ryuzaki .

Ryuzaki turned to face the young man," I have no Idea what you are talking about. Per usual."

Matsuda crossed his arms over his chest, clearly annoyed with the detective. "She probably likes you back. I could help you ask her out."

Ryuzaki shook his head. "I don't like Miss (l/n) in a personal attachment. She is just here to help out with the Kira case." It was a lie, but Matsuda didn't need to know that.

"You're lying because Watari told me." a smug grin of triumph spread across his face. Ryuzaki sighed.

"You are not going to stop pestering me until I oblige your wishes, are you?" Ryuzaki asked, coal eyes glazing over.

Matsuda gave Ryuzaki a thumbs up. "Take this," he thrusted out an ear plug thingie. "I have one too. Just put it in your ear, and when you and (f/n) are alone, you will repeat everything I say. And don't question anything, I know what I'm doing."

Ryuzaki took the ear piece and put it in his ear. The dead animal on his head- oops. I meant hair- covered the ear piece.

Matsuda clapped Ryuzaki on the back, walking away, humming to himself.

~ Present ~

'This is the dumbest thing I have ever done' Ryuzaki thought to himself. He looked at the screens in front of him, burning brightly in the dark room. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see you, eyes glued to the screen, slowly inching your hand towards his pile of cookies. Your delicate fingers wrapped around the round object slowly, pulling it off the plate.

All the while, you never took your eyes off the screen. Ryuzaki had turned his head towards you, a look of disbelief clearly written on his face. The first emotion he had shown in a month.

You snaked the cookie up to your lips, shoving the whole thing in your mouth. Crumbs littering your soft cheeks. Your face was puffed out, no doubt because you shoved the whole cookie in your mouth.

You turned your head towards Ryuzaki in choppy movements. Your (e/c) eyes shone with happiness.

~L's POV ~

I don't even know how I find you attractive. You always stole my sweets. I can understand how Matsuda found out about my feelings for (f/n). You were the only person that could get near my sweets.

She turned towards me, her head turning in harsh choppy moves. Crumbs scattered across her face, cheeks puffed out from the volume of the cookie.

Her (e/c) eyes looked at me, wondering what will happen next. A loud voice blared right next to me and I jumped right out of my chair.

(F/n) looked at me with a confused look plastered on her face.

"Um. Ryuzaki, are you okay?" she asked.

I nodded. Damn you Matsuda. This was going to be a long day.

~ Normal POV ~

Ryuzaki fell out if his chair for no reason. He hit his head on the floor, and you were scared he would get a concussion. He seemed not to notice, but you asked him if he was okay.

He didn't respond, but seemed at war with himself.

"Ryuzaki, are you drunk? Is that why you fell out of the chair? What did Watari put in your sweets?" you asked, a concerned look in your (e/c) eyes.