2009

"It was the summer of 2009, we were at the thrift shop and it was so much fun. Just getting to hang out with best friend, finding treasures in the rows of shelves and racks. Billie was looking at the jewelry section and found these rings. I knew that she wanted them but didn't admit it. So, I bought them while she trying on clothes. I hid them in my pocket. When came out she was wearing a white sun dress, a flower crown, a pearl necklace, and sky blue heels."
"Wait. What! You remembered the colour of my shoes. I didn't even remember."
"Married." Kat whispered in my ear, scaring me causing me to fall off the edge of the bed.
"Do you want to hear the story or not?" I said getting up off the floor.
"Please continue. I want to see how many details you remember from one of our most important days of our friendship." Billie said sarcastically.
"Okay, where were we?" I asked just to make sure they were paying attention.
"My sky blue heels." Billie said with a smile that looked fake.
"Right, she came out and then she pushed me in the dressing room, closed the door and started throwing clothes through the hole above the door. She told me to wear them. I didn't want to but, then she said if I didn't do it myself, she'd come into the dressing room and do it for me, I changed as fast I could. I came out wearing a white polo shirt, black pants, and a bow tie. She told me not to change and to put my clothes in my backpack. So we payed for the clothes and went to our favourite park and sat under our favourite tree. That's when I surprised her with the rings. She hugged me and said thank you. Then she told me she had an idea. Her idea was to do this every year on our anniversary. And to make a official we both make friendship vows and put the rings on each other's fingers.
"So you mostly got married." Kat said proving her point even more.
"It wasn't a wedding, it was a friendship ceremony." Billie said trying to prove Kat wrong.
"With rings and vows, seriously guys you are so married. What did you even say in the "friendship" vows?" Kat asked.
"Well, I vowed that as long as I'm alive I will always be at her side. And if she needs me for anything she can just call me and I'll be there. You will always be my friend, my buddy, my soulmate, and most of all my best friend." I told Kat. I could tell that she was about to cry.
"And I vowed to always stick with you and never leave you alone. I promised to protect you from people who were mean. And if anyone hurt you I'd punch them in the face. And then I kissed him on the cheek. Billie said with a smile.
"Aww, so you are a married couple." Kat said.
"No, we just are comfortable enough with each other that we do things other people see as things people who are more than friends do. But to us we do these because we are best friends and anyway if we continue to act like this, were probably gonna end up with each other in the end." Billie looked at me at the end.
That was the first time in a long time that her eyes looked at me in a loving way instead of the death stare. I loved her eyes. The way her eyes sparkled when she was in deep thought. Or the way she squints when she smiles. She is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen and I love her.
  "Dan! What did you just say?!?!?" She said so surprised, "You... You love me?"  Billie said sounding surprisingly happy."